Get past meeting instances and detail of meeting

Description
What is the recommended and most stable way to get a user’s past meeting instances?

Error
Using /past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances to get all meeting instance is inconsistent. For most of the meetings, we have empty data.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
To get all meeting instance: /past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances
To get detail of each instance: /past_meetings/{meetingUUID}

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Meeting ID: 920 0118 3823

Screenshots (If applicable)

Meeting Recording

Additional context
For the same meeting Id in the recording section, we have 3 recordings available.

Hi @patil.sagar,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you’re looking to get the most detailed information on past meetings, I recommend leveraging our reports endpoint for past meetings:

In regards to retrieving recordings, for this you can call our GET Meeting Recordings endpoint:

Note that this will, by default, return recordings for only the latest instance of the meeting. To get files for a previous instance, you will want to pass the UUID for that instance in the request URL, in place of the ID.

Let me know if this helps. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

Hi, @will.zoom Thank you for your reply.

This API only returns the last meeting detail.

We need an all meeting instance list. For that we use
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetings

But this API returns empty meeting instances.
Meeting Id: 92001183823

For the above meeting, we had a total of 3 different meetings with the same meeting Id. So 3 meeting instance was created but when we call “/past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances” we get an empty response.

Can you please provide API which returns all past meeting instance?

Hi @patil.sagar,

Thanks for clarifying.

Regarding:

For the above meeting, we had a total of 3 different meetings with the same meeting Id. So 3 meeting instance was created but when we call “/past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances” we get an empty response.

Did these meetings have more than one participant, do you know? If not, this may be why you’re not seeing them returned as expected.

Let me know if that might be the case,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.