Get Unique Only meeting participants?

Description

This returns each participant that joined, left and and rejoined multiple times. Is there any way to get unique only participants (users) list?

There is this ability to ‘Show unique users’ when generating the report in the Zoom web client. Just looking for this via the api.

Thanks
Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @zkegs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you’re looking to obtain Unique Participants of a meeting that was held in the past, the best option is to use the Get Meeting Participants Report API.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max, Thanks for the help. The ‘getmeeting’ pulls all participants, not the unique ones. As an example I have one meeting with 104 participants but only 49 unique. For some reason each person is counted twice and ive seen this for many others.

Hey @zkegs,

Thank you for the update. I wasn’t aware of that behavior with the Report API so I reached out to an internal resource and they indicated that the Past Meeting Participants API should give you unique participants. Please test that API to see if it provides the expected results.

If not, there are a couple of options. First, you can use the Participant Joined Webhook to create a live, unique list of participants. Alternatively, you could use one of the non-unique API results to build a unique set of users.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max, can you explain what you mean here? None of the API calls return a true unique list of participants, including Past Meeting Participants API.

Thanks

Hey @zkegs,

Thank you for your question. What I meant is that if you have a list of participants and you can see that an email (or another identifying property) is included multiple times, you can de-duplicate the list and store the data as a unique set instead of the raw response that contains duplicates that you get from the API.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.