Get video stream for individual user using zoom api's

Description
I’m thinking of accessing the video streams of every user in a meeting for the AI/ML computations. For that
i’m thinking of adding a zoom user(dummy user) to the meeting so that i can access the video/audio/shared_screens in the meeting through that user. Creating meeting and adding dummy user seems possible using the zoom api’s but is it feasible to get all the streams for processing?

And if not then what will be the best way to do so?

Application Type
Web Application

Thankyou

@booma happy to share how to build a meeting bot to access the video streams of every user.

If you’re using the Zoom Raw Data SDK, these are the steps:

1. Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
  2. Use either the Windows or Mac Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
  3. Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
  4. This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
  5. Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.

Finally, another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like