Getting Access-Control-Allow-Origin on Windows

I have the Zoom App Sdk inside an angular app.
I am not running this using ngrok. I have the web page deployed to the server.

Description
I am getting this error:
“”" Access to video at ‘https://embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net/deliveries/xx/file.mp4’ from origin ‘[https://example.com]’ has been blocked by CORS policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource. “”" on Windows when trying to load a Wistia video in the App.
I am getting the same error when trying to get a file from google font API.
This is working fine on Mac. The problem is only on Windows

1 Like

This error has to do with the configuration of the server that you are requesting the video from. If you have access to that server, you can add an Access-Control-Allow-Origin header.

However, it is curious that you are seeing different behavior between MacOS and Windows. Are you using the same method on each OS to make the request? Likewise, are the same headers being sent in the response from the server?

@MaxM We are using Wistia as a third party so no we don’t have access to that server.
I am not sure why we have different behavior between macOS and Windows but it seems that Wistia has various fallback mechanisms on different browsers. On a non-zoom window, it’s not pulling the video from the CORS-related file but is instead pulling blob data pulled from a different Wistia endpoint. This seems to be a difference in the detected Video capabilities of the browser window.

Do you have plans to update the browser window you are currently using?

Thanks for providing detailed information here @janakhanji98. While we are always working to maintain, improve and update the Zoom Apps backend I’m not positive that this specific change is upcoming.

With that said, it slipped my mind that the Windows and macOS clients use different embedded browsers which may be why you’re seeing this discrepancy.

From here, I’m curious to know in what way we can update the browsers that are being used or if there is a change that can be made on Wistia’s end. Have you been able to contact Wistia to see if they can provide insight into why the requests are handled differently?

I can send over a user agent if that would help their team to determine the difference between the two.

@MaxM
We contacted Wistia, and they switch between MP4 and HLS playback based on what is supported by the browser, so it’s likely that the Zoom app browser on Windows does not support HLS and is defaulting to MP4 playback.

Thank you for talking with Wistia! That’s incredibly helpful. I’ve reached out to our team with this information to see if this behavior lines up with how our system works.

I’ll update you here as soon as possible.