Getting email address for unregistered webinar participants

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Link the API endpoint(s) and/orZoom API Event(s) you’re working with to help give context.
Zoom Meeting API
and
https://api.zoom.us/v2/past_webinars/:webinarId/participants?page_size=30&next_page_token=

Description
Can I get email address for participants that didn’t register?

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Host a webinar where registration is NOT required

2. All users must supply a name an email address before they can join webinar with basic Zoom functionality

3. Call the api endpoints above

4. Get back empty value for user_email for all participants that were not registered.

HI @OCEM_Team2_iqvia
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
If you want to get emails from the participants that attended a webinar, registration must be enabled.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

1 Like

Thank you @elisa.zoom!
I have a (hopefully quick) follow up question. For webinars there is a report we can “View attendee report”. In that report we can see data about registrants that were “cancelled” or “denied” but we didn’t see that data in any of the APIs we tried. Where can we get that information?

Also, we noticed that if we start a webinar for a few minutes and then we need to end it and restart it (for reasons like the host had a bad connection) when we attempt to get details about the Webinar using the webinar ID we only can get data about the most recent session. Is there a way to get details for both sessions of that particular webinar?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi @OCEM_Team2_iqvia
What do you mean by registrants were “canceled” or “denied” could you point me to that report that you mentioned, please?

For your second question, you could use the List past webinar instances endpoint

And then use the webinar UUID of the instance that you are looking for to return specific data.
Hope this helps,
Elisa

Thanks for the link to webinar instances. I will confirm that works in the scenario I outlined.

For a webinar you have the ability to get an attendee report:

When we download we see this:

In the report there is information about cancelled or denied registrants. We want to know which API to use to get at that?

(I had to put in an online location because I could not attach media to my posts. I must but too new)

Hi @OCEM_Team2_iqvia
Thanks for the clarification! I see what you mean!
Unfortunately, I do not think we have an endpoint that can replicate that report.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming.

1 Like