Webinar get participants

Description
we need to retrieve participants from completed webinars and so we were looking for resource/API similar to /past_meetings for meetings…but seems like this is located in /metrics API (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardwebinarparticipants
GET /metrics/webinars/{webinarId}/participants Retrieve details on participants from live or past webinars)…and so wanted to verify this is how to accomplish?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
User OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
/metrics/webinars/{webinarId}/participants

the GET /metrics/webinars/{webinarId}/participants API seems to require scope of dashboard:read:admin and that permission only seems to be in Account-level App Scopes and not in User-managed App Scopes…so will this not work for an application using User OAuth?

1 Like

Hey @sabraha5,

That is strange, we should have an endpoint for User Level Apps to get past webinar attendees.

I will look into this. In the meantime, you can use the Webinar Participant Joined Webhook:

Thanks,
Tommy

hey @tommy, thank you very much for the response/feedback…and good to know that we can get individual participant joining to webinar using webhook…will have to see whether our usecase can support implementing handling webhook with one-by-one requests

1 Like

Hey @sabraha5,

Looks like we do not have a User Level Get Webinar Participants endpoint. I have created a feature request with engineering to have one developed. (ZOOM-179457) I will keep this thread updated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy…thank you for clarifying the availability of endpoint to get webinar participants…have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks @sabraha5, you too! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi Team,
I am using light/medium API to pull the participation and polls/qa data
‘/past_meetings/{}/instances’
‘/past_meetings/{}/polls’
‘/past_meetings/{}/participants’
‘/past_webinars/{}/instances’
‘/past_webinars/{}/polls’
‘/past_webinars/{}/qa’

and it all looks great, but seems like it’s the only one missing to have a full picture
‘/past_webinars/{}/participants’

Please add it!!! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Arkadiusz Garbacz

Hey @arkadiusz.garbacz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I have since updated the feature request that was created to indicate there is even more need for this feature. We’ll be sure to update you here when we have more information.

In the meantime, I recommend using the Get Webinar Participants API to retrieve participants from a past webinar.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @arkadiusz.garbacz,

As an update, our engineering team got back to me and confirmed that this feature is on our roadmap and will be added in a future release. I don’t have an ETA at this time.

Thanks,
Max