Getting Zoom Phone has not been enabled for this account calling endpoint

Hi,

We are setting up a client to use our integration and we are successfully getting a token through OUATH2. When we try to hit this endpoint, we are getting the error “Zooom Phone has not been enabled”.

v2/phone/users/me

We are passing Bearer with the token for the authorization on the call.

This is a new account just set up by our customer. They are using Zoom Contact Center, and we have successfully tested the phone for inbound/outbound.

Thanks for any advice you can give,
George

Hi,

I added another OAUTH app, this one was account level (first one was user managed), no change. I still get this error:

{“code”:2031,“message”:“Zoom Phone has not been enabled for this account.”}

hitting this endpoint:

v2/phone/users/me

I am successfully exchanging a code for an OAUTH token, and using it in the authorization header. This code works for other clients, so I believe this may be something to do with how this tenant is configured. I’ve been able to test with the Zoom phone, so the error does not make sense.

Thanks,
George

Hi @taza ,

Does the user who is generating access credentials have the role type and permissions to access this endpoint?

Is Phone enabled for that particular user using the me context?

The user is in the Admin role. The Admin/User Management/Users screen shows type = “Basic”.

Where would I find permissions?

As for this question, I don’t know how to determine this: Is Phone enabled for that particular user using the me context?

Hi @taza , if they are a Basic user, they do not have any licenses applied (including Phone).

The user’s account owner needs to apply the Phone license for that user. Please confirm that you are using the me keyword appropriately: Using Zoom APIs

Hi @taza , they appear to be separate from Zoom Phone, but I recommend you two reach out to billing. We have a separate API for contact center: Zoom Contact Center API

To find permissions, check the Admin/User Management/Users screen under roles and permissions settings. To determine if Phone is enabled for that user using the “me” context, check the user’s settings or profile details within the “me” endpoint or interface.