Guest could not join the meeting even after multiple tries

Description
Host side: Can see guest’s name in the participants list but couldn’t see guest’s video and could not hear guest’s audio. When the guest tried to rejoin the meeting, the host just see the guest’s name again as a new entry in the participants listed. Guest’s name is showing 2x. The host even sent a chat message to the client but did not get any reply (because the client was not actually able to use zoom)

Guest side: When the guest tried to join (multiple times; wait for around 2 to 3 minutes every time) the meeting, the guest is just getting an infinite loading issue and not being able to actually join the meeting. The guest did not even have a chance to see Zoom.

Meeting ID
985 3305 0290

Which version?
Zoom Web SDK v.1.7.7

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Host creates a meeting and joins it
  2. Guest joins the meeting

Additional context
All users are created using “custCreate”

Hi Lara,

So sorry for the late response.
Are you still having the same problem?
If so would it be possible to forward this thread to developersupport@zoom.us and cc me?

Regards,
Yosuke

1 Like

Hi Sawamura-san,

Thank you for your reply.

Sure we will just send an email. Actually, I have already submitted support request 6 days ago. Last time it happened was last Friday.

Regards,
Lara

Hey @lfrancia,

Can you check to see if there are any errors in the browser console?

Are these the custCreate users joining the meeting, or creating / hosting the meeting?

Please also try upgrading to 1.7.8.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Can you check to see if there are any errors in the browser console?

I’m sorry but we were not able to get the console error during that time. We were able to save some operation logs.

Are these the custCreate users joining the meeting, or creating / hosting the meeting?

No, the guest users (custCreate created), who are having problem joining the meeting, can only join the meeting. They are not allowed to create meetings.

Please also try upgrading to 1.7.8.

We have just updated our sdk to 1.7.8 as well so we will let you know if we encounter this issue again.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Regards,
Lara

We encountered this issue again today. The meeting just remains on “waiting” status even the host tried to join the meeting. How should we fix this? It is happening randomly. We have already submitted support request for this days ago and we are not getting any feedback from there.

This time it happened on v.1.7.8

Hey @lfrancia,

Thanks for the additional details. Our Web SDK engineers are looking into the issue. I will provide you with updates. (CS-1943)

-Tommy

@yosuke.sawamura

We are experiencing this issue again now.

Meeting ID: 91850047035

we too, in our case we can init meeting with a host, but our participants cant join

Hey @miguel.villarreal,

Are you also using custCreate for the users joining?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @lfrancia,

Thanks for letting us know, we are looking into the issue with that meetingID.

-Tommy