The Meeting Number is wrong - webSDK 1.7.4

Hi guys,

This webSDK 1.7.4 issue you have been trying to resolve is very much in inconveniencing me and my business, we need to host classes online , what is the estimated time to fix this??

Please the image of the error below

Hi @nick1,

Make sure to upgrade to version 1.7.5. Also what is the meeting number that you’re using?

Thanks

Hi Michael

Ok now there’s version 1.7.5?! i must have missed that, thanks will check it out now and advice

Thanks in advance

Hi @nick1,

What is the meeting number that you are using?

Thanks

Hi Michael

i have just upgraded to 1.7.5 as per your advice and let me break it down for you what i am witnessing here…

1. when i hit the “join” button after filling out my details, it show the “joining meeting” splash screen as it should right, and then it connects properly but as soon as the host Admits me almost immediately it cuts off and shows a small dialogue box with text that reads
    “Meeting Disconnected attempting to reconnect…” ,
    and then it pulls up the error below on the picture

2, I hit the “Retry” button right, then fill out same information with same ID and hit the “Join”
it connects straight away but this time it request NO authorization to join the meeting so the host can Admits me, it just goes straight into the meeting without even notifying the host , just like that i am in the meeting.

3, while in the meeting, it does not connect audio and video with almost all the browsers.

I hope all this data will aid you solve this problem :unamused:

I am using the same i’ve been using since day one

Hey @nick1,

Please try testing without the waiting room feature, and also make sure your site is being served over https in order to use video and audio.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy

I have tested without “waiting room feature” and it works perfectly, however this defeats the purpose of having control over my meetings as to whom i allow or authorize to join or not.
That will not work for me and my privacy of lessons.

is there any other way we can make this work without disabling the waiting room feature??

Thanks,

Hey @nick1,

With 1.7.5 the waiting room feature should work.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello,
I’m using the sample from https://github.com/zoom/websdk-sample-angular
and updated it to WebSDK 1.7.5.
I was able to join a meeting using PMI (which is 10 digits long) but i can not join any other meeting created with the same account (which are 11 digits long). I get The meeting number is wrong.

I created a meeting in my zoom account and turned off the waiting room feature from it. Then tried to join it and got the message.
I also created a meeting using the webSDK apis (POST /users/{userId}/meetings) and tried to join the created meeting but got the same message.

I should mention this is my second day trying the WebSDK and I may have something conceptually wrong.
Appreciate you help.

Hey @xpe,

Can you private message me the meetingID you are trying to join?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy
I did
Thank you for your fast response

@tommy
did you find a chance to check? I guess i’m doing something wrong.

Thanls

@tommy
I guess i found the problem in my code…
I’ll try and let you know if this solves the issue.

sorry for inconvenience.
I was building over the Angular sample and i found that the meeting number is changing somewhere in the middle.

The issue is solved.
Sorry again.

Nope its still does not work with me T :unamused:

Happy to hear you figured out the issue @xpe! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @nick1,

Can you email your meeting number and account number to developersupport@zoom.us so we can check the logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy

Herewith my meeting ID :8530289457 as per your request and i am not
sure which account number you are requesting from me?

Please note that we don’t have a dedicated IP as yet so you might want
to access the site with the complete URL
typing manually https://www.extramaths.co.za/virtualclassroom/

thanks

Quoting Tommy Gaessler via Zoom Developer Forum
zoomdeveloper@discoursemail.com:

Hi Tommy

I have emailed you my ID ,please advice which account number are you referring to so i can also send if essential

thanks

Hey @nick1,

Thanks for mailing the info. Can you please also private message me the signature that you are generating when seeing the errors?

Thanks,
Tommy