Handling the active-share-change event when one joins the channel after someone shared the screen

Hey @vk-jangid

Sorry for the documentation.

We are improving the API reference and user guide.

Thanks
Vic

I will do one thing, I will test the startAudio functionality on your sample project and will get back to you.

Hey @vic.yang , The system is crashing in your sample project as well on my iPad.
The same errors are coming of “Right side of assignment cannot be restructured”.

This comes as soon as I click on the “Audio, video, and share” card.

Hey @vk-jangid

It seems that you serve the page that is not in a secure context. Video SDK requires a secure context to run the audio/video/screen share.

Thanks
Vic

I am running your sample project on localhost, what should I do?

Hey @vk-jangid

The localhost is treated as a secure context, but when accessed via IP address, it isn’t.

You can start the dev server with SSL key and cert, therefore you can access the page via https://

Thanks
Vic

Tried with https as well, in that case, no errors are coming but the iPad user is not able to hear other participants, and other users can’t hear the iPad user.

Also, shouldn’t this error of secure context be handled on your end?

Hey @vk-jangid

We just fixed this issue in version 1.5.1. Did you use the latest version?

We cannot do more if the context is insecure, we will add some warnings on the console in the next release.

Thanks
Vic

Yes, I am using the latest version only.

And yes the warning would be helpful.

Hey @vic.yang , did you find the audio issue on the iPad?

Hey @vk-jangid

Sorry, we cannot reproduce the audio issue on my iPad devices. Could you provide a public link for us to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vk-jangid

Did you use the private-served dependent assets and the assets were not updated accordingly? The assets of version 1.5.1 are different from the ones of version 1.5.0.

Thanks
Vic

I am not sure, what private-served assets are you talking about.
I have updated the zoom version using npm only.

Hey @vk-jangid

The second parameter of the client.init method, if leave it empty, it is using the CDN assets, but if it is specified as a local or server address, it is using the private-served assets.

Thanks
Vic

I am using CDN as the second parameter in that function.

Hey @vk-jangid

Could you give me the value of the following statement on the console?

console.log(JsMediaSDK_Instance.version)

Thanks
Vic

In your documentation, it is mentioned that using 1 in the role_type key while creating the JWT token can be used for making the user host and co-host.
So how can I know if a user is a host or co-host as there is only one key of isHost in the user object and that’s only true for one of the participants who will join the session first?

This is throwing up the reference error in the console.

ReferenceError: Can't find variable: JsMediaSDK_Instance

Hey @vk-jangid

Did you want to identify the host or the co-host( in Video SDK called ‘manager’)? We provide an API named client.isManager() to tell you the role.

The role_type is a required field, 1 is the host and other value is not the host, the rule that the first joined user is the host is no longer in effect since Video SDK 1.3.0.

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vk-jangid

Could you try the statement in a Video SDK context? I mean after the Video SDK client.init() method is resolved, paste the code on the console and get the result.

Thanks
Vic