Handling the active-share-change event when one joins the channel after someone shared the screen

As per this, 1 can be used for the host and co-host.

What I meant by the “user joining first is becoming the host” is that if I use role_type 1 for two participants (A and B), and If A is joining the session before B then isHost key for A will be true and it will be false for B.
But if B is joining the session before A then isHost key for B will be true and it will be false for A.

I got your point that, through Client.isManager() I can get to know which one is the manager.
but can I just set in a session that A will be the host and B will be the co-host (Manager), right now this depends on who is joining the session first.

This is the output of the JsMediaSDK_Instance.version.

Hey @vk-jangid

That’s correct.

Hey @vk-jangid

The dependent assets are correct. I cannot make out the cause of the audio issue from the current messages, could you provide a demo that can be accessed publicly, so we can troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks
Vic

I think you didn’t understand my query.
I asked a question that, can I make user A the host and B the co-host (Manager)?
Right now this depends on who is joining the session first.

Hey @vk-jangid

The client.makeManager() and client.revokeManager() can help you with the ‘manager’ role.

We suggest setting only one user as host (role_type=1) during the session, and setting ‘managers’ when the host is in the session.

Thanks
Vic

In our use case, we can’t do this.
We want to decide the user for the manager role from our backend.

Hey @vk-jangid

Usually, the generation of JWT is done through the backend, so you can set the role_type in the backend service. It doesn’t conflict with your assumption.

Thanks
Vic

That’s what we are doing right now, but we can’t call client.makeManger at the backend, right?

As I said, I am trying to make one participant a host and the second one a manager. but the thing is for both of them the role_type will be 1.
So from the backend, nothing can’t be done more than this.

After doing this, whoever will join the session first will become the host, and the second one will become the manager.
I don’t want this. If I am making a user ‘A’ a host then it should not depend on if A is joining before the manager(B) or not.
Even if A is joining after then B then A should be the Host and B should be the Manager.

Hey @vk-jangid

From my understanding, I will do the following:

1. Backend generates the JWT of A with role_type=1, and JWT of B with role_type=0, how to get it done? Usually, it depends on the credential, the backend service can identify the user.
  2. Then the two users join the session, A now is the host, if he wants to make B the manager, or in your business logic, someone needs to be the manager, you can get the message from your backend service, and call the client.makeManager() to make it done.

Thanks
Vic

We have tried so many workarounds for so many things, are we gonna have a permanent solution for this in the upcoming release?
You can make a new value for role_type like 2 for the manager role or something like that.

We don’t have a public environment for you to use. Can you try this on your end on iPad?

In this case, Other users are not able to hear the iPad user, and no errors are there on the console.

await startAudio({ speakerOnly: true });

// After some time
await mediaStream.stopAudio();
await mediaStream.startAudio();

Also, after the below statement runs, I have to click on the screen to start hearing other participants.
In this case, the user has already clicked once on a particular URL, so the issue is not that audioContext has not been initialized at that moment because the user has not interacted with the screen.

await startAudio({ speakerOnly: true });

Hey @vk-jangid

Okay. I got it. We will fix it in the next release.

For now, on iPad OS, you can try starting audio without speakerOnly option and then mute it as a workaround.

Thanks
Vic

Did you find this issue as well?

Hey @vk-jangid

On Safari, the start audio operation needs to be in the gesture callback. So the click action is required.

Thanks
Vic

But with speaker-only functionality, why the click is mandatory?
I can understand if this restriction applies to the mic start functionality but also in this case, the user has clicked on the page before but just not when startAudio function call.

Hey @vk-jangid

It’s the auto-play policy of Safari. It needs to be in a user gesture callback.

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vic.yang

As I mentioned before that on our site the user has already interacted with the screen on the page where we are trying to play the audio with speakerOnly mode.
I have worked with Agora SDK as well, and there I didn’t face these kinds of issues.

Also, We are facing some echo issues in the sessions, because of this participants are able to hear their own voices back.

And let me know how many videos we should render in a single canvas.

Hey @vic.yang,

I haven’t heard back from you in 5-6 days. When can I expect a reply regarding my queries?

I am facing one more issue in the Screen sharing, sometimes it is just getting stuck at a frame, and nothing is happening after that.
Even after stopping and starting it again doesn’t make a difference.

Please make some time for this and some previous queries at the earliest.