Having a little trouble using account recordings api call

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I’m attempting to use this api call:

The request URL looks like this:

https://api.zoom.us/v2/accounts/ACCOUNT_HERE/recordings?page_size=300&from=2021-08-01&to=2021-08-31

ACCOUNT_HERE is being set to the account_id value I’m retrieving via the /users/me call (which is working fine for me)

I’m passing the same OAuth token I used for /users/me which has both the recording:read:admin and recording:read:admin scopes attached to it.

Hoping there’s something I’m obvious I’m missing.

Error
Code: 124

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

Hey @GigaOm,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This isn’t obvious but with this API and OAuth you’ll want to use the /me context with this API and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM thanks for the response. What I’m trying to do is retrieve all of the recordings for the entire account not just for the authenticated user. When I call to users/me/recordings it works, no authentication error, but I also get nothing because the admin user that I’m authenticated with doesn’t have any recordings. So it seems to only be pulling the authenticated user’s stuff only.

Any ideas how I go about actually getting the data I need?

Hey @GigaOm,

Using an Account Level OAuth app with your Account ID for the List Recordings of Account API should be what you need here. Try using the /me context with the List Recordings of Account API instead to see if that provides the response you expect.

Thanks,
Max

So apparently that API hook just isn’t even available unless you have some sort of special relationship with Zoom.

What I’ve done instead is grab all the users and then cycle through them.

This is working though it’s clunky as heck.

@GigaOm Thank you for sharing what worked for you! If you would like this feature to be considered for non-isv accounts in a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Max