High cpu consumption - audio not working - when 1.9.0 will be released?

When doing a webinar more or less 20% of clients have 100% cpu and are not able hear audio.
we are using 1.8.0 web sdk.
there are many topics on this and all end with “we are working to solve the issue in 1.9.0”.
But when is 1.9.0 planned?
This is a serious issue for web-sdk

2 Likes

Hey @alfonso.moscato,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing CPU issues with the Web SDK.

Version 1.9.0 is planned to be released early next year.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

May I ask if we can have a list of things that will be included in 1.9.0?

Thanks,
Tim

Hey @stw,

Once we finalize all the features and bug fixes in the 1.9.0 release, we will show them here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, @tommy. Do we still have 1.8.4 and 1.8.5 scheduled? or the next one is 1.9.0? Tried to visit the page but it’s empty.

Hey @stw,

Yes, once we have the exact dates they will be released, we will update that page. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy I just wanted to follow up and see if there is any update on this issue? This issue was identified in Feb 2020 and we are now in December. This issue has made building any application using the SDK completely useless.

Can you provide a timeline on when to expect a fix to this SDK or provide some work around for the developers?

Hey @anurag,

Thank you for reaching out to Zoom Developer Support. I understand that this is a significant pain point when building out an application with the Web Client SDK. As you mentioned, it’s an issue that we have been monitoring and working to resolve for quite some time now.

I’m happy to report that version 1.9.0, which will be made Generally Available in early 2021, will bring with it fixes to the CPU usage issues that have been reported.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.