Hold two meetings at the same time

Hi,

I have one host on my account now. I create meetings through the API using JWT.
I want to purchase a second host for my account so that I can hold two meetings at the same time.
Do I need to change the API calls to create a meetings?
Should I explicitly specify “host 1” or “host 2” in the parameters when creating a meeting?

Thanks!

Hey @aizorel,

Good question!

And yes—in order to hold two meetings at the same time, you will want to ensure you’re creating these meetings with unique hosts. So when you go to create Meeting A, you’ll want to pass Host A’s userId/email in the request URL, and the same for Meeting B/Host B, respectively.

Let me know if this helps to confirm!

Best,
Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for answer!

I created another user (“Meeting Basic” type) in my Licensed account.
Then I created new meeting for this user.
But when the participant join to this meeting I get an error: “Code: 200. Only available for paid users: b97Hbor9RS-8Mv7p7cQ9Lg”.
Is this because of user’s “Meeting Basic” type?

And one more question.
Can I buy second host for my account and then change the type of second user as “Licensed”?

Thanks!

Hey @aizorel,

Good questions—happy to clarify.

First, in regards to the error “only available for paid users”, did you get this error when hitting our Create User or Create Meeting API? I should note that in order to create a user via API, you must have a paid plan.

In regards to purchasing a second license for your account, that’s correct—you would be able to apply any newly purchased licenses to any already existing Basic users.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

Hi Will,

Yes, I get an error when add a registrant to the meeting. And yes, I see now in the API Reference: " Prerequisite: Host user type must be “Licensed”." :smile:

Thank you for you help!

1 Like

Hey @aizorel,

I’m glad to hear that @will.zoom answered your questions! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.