Create multiple Zoom meetings simultaneously

We are working on a small project and we are wondering, if there is a way we can create and use multiple Zoom meetings Simultaneously.

Hi @tejendra.pratap.ju,

Yes, you can create Zoom meetings and host meetings simultaneously. To host multiple meetings at once, however, you will need to schedule each of the concurrent meetings under a different host. (A host can only run 1 meeting at a time).

To create Meetings via API, please see the following endpoint:

Thanks,
Will

Thanks for replying,
Is there a way we can add multiple host to 1 ID. I have 1 user and want to create multiple simultaneous meetings using that id only.

Hi @tejendra.pratap.ju,

This could be accomplished by utilizing the host’s Personal Meeting ID (PMI) — you can set the filed “use_pmi” in our Create Meeting API to true. This will then associate the meeting with the host’s unique PMI, and multiple meetings can be associated with the PMI.

Let me know if this helps—thanks!
Will

Thanks for helping me,
I tried using “use_pmi”: “true”, but it doesn’t allow to host the meetings simultaneously. I need a way to host the meetings simultaneously from 1 host ID. One of the ways I read about, this could happen was by adding users to the host ID on zoom. Is this possible? If yes, then how?

Hi @tejendra.pratap.ju,

To clarify, it’s not possible to host several meetings if they’re all associated with 1 ID. You will need to create unique meetings with unique IDs, if you wish to host meetings concurrently.

Best,
Will

Lets say there is a website, so how will the users of that website be able to create meeting without creating zoom account? The create users API of zoom requires users to verify their account, we don’t want our users to have to do this. We just want to them to click a button and a new meeting is created without them having to register explicitly on zoom.

Thank you so much for giving your valuable time.

Hi @tejendra.pratap.ju,

To clarify, you must have an active Zoom account in order to schedule or create a Zoom meeting. While you can join Zoom meetings without an account, one is required for creating a meeting.

Thanks,
Will

Thank you so much for helping me.

No problem, glad I could help!

Hello,
My use case is :
I want to integrate zoom in my project in which sales agents will be able to hold meetings with their clients using zoom SDK

1. I want different users to be able to create meetings simultaneously using single JWT app.
  2. I want unlimited cloud storage to store meeting recordings.

What I understand:
I have to buy enterprise account and make JWT app from that account so from that I can have unlimited cloud storage and secondly using my pro account I will be able to create different users that can create different separate meetings simultaneously.

What I don’t understand :

1. Users which I have created with my pro account should they also be licensed (paid) users ?
  2. Those users can create meeting via zoom api so is it necessary to have JWT app of every single user which I created using my pro account ?

Please help me. I have already read many documents But I did not get correct guide line.

Hey @zoomdev1122,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When you use JWT credentials, they are account level. This means that your entire account only has one set of credentials with authorize requests on behalf of the account owner. This also means that you can only request information about users/meetings that belong to your account.

If you wanted unlimited cloud storage, you would want an Enterprise Plan. However, you would also want to create your users under that account so that you can use the JWT credentials to reference those users and meetings.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for replying,
Lets say I have a JWT account and I have created 3 users from my account so I want all the 3 users to create meeting , So should these users also be licensed (paid) users I mean what are the requirements for these users to be able to create meeting ?

By saying *"Starting at 50 licenses for $12,000/year" you mean 50 licensed users or what ?

Hey @zoomdev1122,

A user doesn’t need to be licensed in order to create a meeting but their meeting will be limited to 40 minutes or less with more than 2 participants.

Please see our documentation here for more information on unlicensed/basic users.

That’s correct

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.