Host reconnecting

Hi! We encountered a problem when reconnecting a host with poor connection quality.

1. Create a conference.

2. Turn off the Internet at the host (in-flight mode or devtools->network->offline).

3. Reload the page, then turn on the internet.

4. Reconnect to the same conference.

The host role remains with the participant who left the meeting, but his connection is no longer relevant. At the same time, the second connection is forced to wait until the socket connection on the side of your server is closed.

This is a problem in our application (probably not only in ours) since our host is the teacher leading the lesson. And when reconnecting, he loses his privileges.

P.S.
The role_type parameter in both connections is 1

zoom web sdk 1.5.0.

Hi @efron.vit ,

Thank you for your post! Video SDK v. 1.6.0 has been released. Could you try updating the package in your application and let me know if the issue still persists?

Thanks,
Rehema

@rehema.zoom
I’ve already done that. The problem remains. You can easily reproduce it yourself and check it out.

@rehema.zoom , @vic.yang
I found some forum posts that seem to directly address our problem. But they do not give an answer how to get rid of the host waiting.

It looks like this behavior was originally intended, and it’s your developers who don’t consider it a bug. However, there must be parameters to regulate this, because it causes problems.

Hey @efron.vit

Thanks for your feedback.

We will add the ‘reclaim host’ function in the next release. Maybe it can solve your problems.

The original host can reclaim the host privilege if he/she is not the host in a session.

P.S.
role_type =1 → original host.

Thanks
Vic

1 Like

@vic.yang,
Is the next release planned, which will include this feature, within a month?

Hey @efron.vit

It will be included in the next release. The release date will be around the end of February.

Thanks
Vic

1 Like

Hey @efron.vit ,

Providing an update here. We had to push back this feature to our March release schedule due to some additional dependencies.

You can subscribe to release updates via email here to be notified when this is released in March: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/9481948737421-web

Best,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @vic.yang @tommy !
When is it planned to release a release with this fix ? For us, this problem is critical, because customers regularly encounter it.

Hey @efron.vit

We will release the next version around the end of March.

Thanks
Vic

1 Like

Release 1.7.0. fixed the problem. I used reclaimHost() and everything works fine. Thank you =)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.