How can I make my c++ desktop application to integrate zoom sdk to do 2 things

1- to enable user to join and create zoom meeting.
2- track speaking time for each user and display it in the meeting interface.

Thank you.

Hey @moe,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Number 1 can be accomplished by following the instructions here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/windows/mastering-sdk/windows-sdk-functions

For question 2: Do you mean tracking how much time someone was actively talking in the meeting?

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you.

1- I am new to the whole idea, this is why I am struggling a bit, I am following the instructions but with no luck so far.

2- Yes.

Hey @moe,

No worries at all, we are here to help. Have you developed a Windows Desktop Application before? Are you familiar with C++?
Just trying to gauge where to being :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Sorry, for late reply. Yes I am familiar with C++ and yes developed windows desktop applications. Now if I am using the demo app, how can I add the timer for each participant to track down and show the time he spoke.

I found about this: [onActiveSpeakerVideoUserChanged]
(InMeetingServiceListener (Zoom.us SDK API Document))

Is this helpful, if yes how can I accomplish my task?
Thank you.

Hey @moe,

You are on the right track. However, I would use the callback onUserActiveAudioChange instead. This callback will be called when a user has begun or stopped speaking. The parameter is a list of user ID’s for the users who had an active audio change. I would check the user ID, get the users info with GetUserByUserID, then see if they are currently speaking with the IsTalking method. If they are talking now but weren’t before you could timestamp that to represent when they began talking, then you could timestamp when they stopped talking by doing the opposite.

Thanks!
Michael