How can I retrieve a list of users attending a ongoing meeting?

I have a meeting where members join/leave occasionally.
We’re planning to develop a simple app that can display a list of participants at the moment, without signing in to the meeting.

According to the API documents, the only endpoint that I can find was
GET /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants :

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardmeetingparticipants

However, we’re still on the “Pro” plan, while the API above requires access to the dashboard, which is only available for “Business” and “Enterprise” plans.
Are there any other options that we can take?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Hey @morikawa, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Correct that GET /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants is the only endpoint that will show participants currently in a live meeting.

However, you can use our Participant Joined Meeting, and Participant Left Meeting Webhooks which will send a payload to your server in real time without you having to call any endpoint. This would be a great way to accomplish your list of participants because the data is in real time, and you won’t have to up your plan to Business or Enterprise.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hello @tommy , thank you very much for your support!
The webhooks seem to be exactly what I had been looking for.
I’ve tried configuring them on my app management interface.
Is there a way to test-run the webhook, so that I can confirm the endpoint URL is working as I expected? (The endpoint URL is created withAWS API Gateway + Lambda.)

1 Like

Hey @morikawa, happy to help! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you found the webhooks useful!

Yes, for the Meeting Participant Joined, just start a meeting, and have someone else join it. I think it will also trigger if just you start/join the meeting.

Then check the logs on API gateway / payload on your lambda to see if the payload was sent. Also remember to send a 200 OK response when you receive the payload from Zoom.

Let me know if that works, otherwise we can schedule a Zoom call for further help.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks @tommy , thank you again for your such kind help!

I’ve implemented the Lambda function, tested joining/leaving meetings, and checked the logs.
However, I could only find the logs that had been generated upon my test CURL post.
There seemed to be no logs from zoom webhook.

Just to be clear, to these webhooks apply to personal meeting rooms as well?

Thanks,
Kimiyasu Morikawa

1 Like

Hey @morikawa, you are welcome! :slight_smile:

Yes the webhooks should work for the personal meeting room.

Can you schedule a Zoom meeting with me here so I can help debug your setup?

Thanks,
Tommy

Similar issue i am facing. I have web-hook setup but not receiving any data. Can you please help

Hey @sunil.kothari.007,

Please start a new thread and I will be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy