List of Participants Currently in Meeting

Description
Hi, I have been trying to find a good method to get the number of participants currently in a meeting. It seems like the List Meeting Participants end point lists all the participants currently in the a live meeting, even with the type query parameter is set to live. This post has a workaround to check to see if the participant has a leave_time in the response, but I am trying to see if there is any other way.

I did notice something interesting/odd using the Get Meeting Details endpoint. It seems like if the {meetingId} parameter is a meeting ID, it will display the total number of participants joined in the response (which seems expected in the docs), but if you put a “:” in front of the meeting ID it will strangely display the live number of participants. I am not sure if this was a fluke or a feature of the endpoint, but if this is intentional, it would be an easy way to get the current number of participants in a live meeting. Otherwise, any other suggestions on getting live participants? It seems like this might become a feature?

Also, I was wondering if there is any way to differentiate hosts/co-hosts from standard participants. It doesn’t seem like the participant role is in the response, but it would be great to know how many hosts are in a meeting and how many non-hosts are in the meeting.

Thanks!

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
List Meeting Participants

Hey @cedricgidget

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Hi, this thread is not exactly what I am looking for, thanks!

Hi @cedricgidget,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

In regards to the Dashboard > List Meeting Participants endpoint, if you provide a meetingId parameter, this should show you participants in a live meeting for just that meeting. Have you tried this?

Another common method would be to leverage our Participant Joined and Participant Left webhooks:

This would allow you to know when a participant is in a meeting based on their join and leave events.

In regards to your hosts/co-hosts question, in order to determine if a participant was a host, you could query the GET Meeting to verify the host, based on the meeting ID returned in the webhooks or the response from the list meeting participants call.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Not sure if I am understanding correctly, but it seems like if you provide a meetingId parameter, all participants, including ones that left the meeting are displayed? I only want to display the participants currently in the meeting. Is there a parameter to only get participants currently in the meeting?

This sounds great, but I am not exactly sure how to use these Webhooks. For endpoints, it seems like they are accessed directly to get the response. For Webhooks, do you access the *Event Notification Endpoint URL* to get a list of responses for a specific user?

Thanks!

Do you have a business account? If so you can use the /metrics/meetings endpoint. It will list all live meetings and give an active participants count.

Hi,

Yes, I have a business account. Thank you, this is what I was looking for!

Thanks for pointing them in the right direction, @grantw! :100:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.