How can we know if participant joined from laptop or app

Hi,

Please suggest how can we get this info from the reports if the participant had joined from Laptop or mobile device (android/ios)?

Regards
Atul

Hi @helloparent

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Can you confirm with me if you are trying to get this data via API through the Webportal?

Cheers,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

I am trying to get this data through the Room Management by logging into Zoom website.

Regards
Atul

Hi @helloparent

You should be able to see this information on your Dashboard, by looking for the meeting on Past meetings and clicking on the one that you are looking for.

Best,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

I had checked the details under the Reports in our dashboard. However, I could only see the participant names, their time of entry and exit. It does not show how did they enter the meeting - via laptop or mobile.

Pls suggest if I am missing something?

Regards
Atul

@helloparent,

Have you reviewed the Meeting and Participant details? The Device type information should be included there:

Dashboard for meetings and webinars Help Documentation

Best,
Donte

1 Like

Hi

I am not able to see these options in Meetings Dashboard.

here is what i am seeing:

When I click on Previous:

I dont get the link for IP usage.

Regards
Atul

Hi

Also, when I click on IP Usage link in the documentation, it shows me the below screen:

Hi,

Its been 12 days since the query was raised. Can we pls resolve this?

Regards
Atul

Hi @helloparent

Sorry for the late reply!
I was referring to the Dashboard under the Admin tab in the Web Portal

Once you are there, you will find the Meetings tab in the headers and you will need to look for the meeting within the Past Meeting tab.

Let me know if this helps
Elisa

Hi Elisa

I could not find Meeting tab under the Admin option as per screenshot.

I also tried the following but it did not work:

1. I went to User Management and searched for a specific user.
  2. I went to Meetings tab for that user and Clicked on “Previous Meetings”
  3. I opened a meeting. It only showed the meeting details. I could not see the Participant and device info here.

Please let me know what are the right steps.

Regards
Atul

Pls respond to the query.

This is a real bad service from Zoom. We had raised this simple query a month back and are still not anywhere near resolution.

CAN SOMEONE PLS LET US KNOW HOW TO GET THE INFO HOW PARTICIPANT LOGGED INTO THE MEETING!!! @tommy

Hey @helloparent

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. In the future, if you have a time-sensitive issue I recommend reaching out via the Developer Support Center.

To start, you can use the List Meeting Participants Dashboard API to obtain the device that a participant joined the meeting with. For past meetings, make sure to set the type parameter to past:

If you’re looking to use the Web Portal, you can navigate to the Dashboard Meetings page to see the device that a participant joined with.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi MAx,

Thanks for the response.

1. It was not a time-sensitive issue but still over a month to get queries resolved seems unreasonable.
  2. The Dashboard Meetings Page has already been mentioned above but when I click on that link, it shows me the error -No privileges.

It would be great if i can get access via Web Portal as this is required once a while.

Looking forward to quicker support.

Regards
Atul

Greetings, @helloparent,

It looks like your account does not meet the listed prerequisites. Because of this reason, you cannot access the Dashboard meeting page as the appropriate permission to access the Dashboard Meetings page is not assigned to your account. You will need to reach out to your Account Owner or Admin to get the necessary permission.

Thanks,
Donte

Hi @donte.zoom

This is the single license account and I am accessing from the same account. I am on Pro Plan that includes APIs. I am not sure if I can access the page on this plan.

If I cannot access the page under the current plan, what is the way to get the necessary information.

Regards
Atul

@helloparent,

Max provided guidance on the alternative way you can get the necessary information. To reiterate, you can use the List Meeting Participants Dashboard API to obtain the device that a participant joined the meeting with. For past meetings, make sure to set the type parameter to past:

You can review the guidance offered by Max here:

Thanks,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.