How should I update the Contact Center SDK for web?

Hello!

Could somebody explain how should I update the Contact Center SDK for web?

In the SDK minimum version policy I see that the minimum supported version for the Contact Center SDK for web will be 2.6.0 starting February 3, 2024. In the changelog I see that the latest available version is 2.5.0. How should I make an upgrade to the version that doesn’t exist?

Also, in the changelog it says “Unlike Contact Center SDK for Android and iOS, Contact Center SDK for web is automatically updated by Zoom”. Does it mean that I should never update the Contact Center SDK for web myself?

Lastly, on the Zoom Contact Center SDK - web - 2.1.0 page it says “Since the Contact Center SDK is built on our Video SDK, your Contact Center SDK will need to be updated at least every seven months” which doesn’t make any sense to me. Does it mean I should do an update myself?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Victor,

If you are using the ZCC Web SDK snippet code example from your Zoom Contact Center admin portal, then you are using the ZCC Web SDK hosted on the Zoom CDN, which will be automatically kept up to date for you.

Only if you download the .js file and store locally on your own web server does the message apply to Zoom Contact Center Web SDK.

1 Like