How to assign a participant as co-host from REST API

Description
Basically, I’m creating an app where a user can log-in and join a meeting. However, the most important features I need are admitting participants and, if the user is the host, assign participants as co-hosts. Does anyone know if this is possible via the REST API ?

Hi @jonholland,

The correct flow for this would be to add the respective user as a alternative host when creating or updating the meeting.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 3.54.05 PM

Thanks,
Will

@will.zoom Oh ok so alternative hosts can also be co-hosts? I was under the assumption that they were completely different roles.

Hi @jonholland,

Apologies for any confusion—these are different. This would be the closest method in terms of granting additional meeting privileges to users, ahead of time via API.

Co-hosts, specifically, can only be set during the meeting:

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

Thanks, yeah I was thinking that those weren’t the same. Is there a way to set co-host via API?

Hi @jonholland,

There isn’t at the moment—I’m afraid this can only be set from within the meeting. However, it’s a great suggestion.

Thanks,
Will

Hey Will,

Zoom Room Controller App has the feature to make any participant co-host while in a meeting. Is this not available for us to integrate in our app ? This is required to complete the scenario we can’t keep switching between apps to make it functional. Please suggest.

Hey @Nitin-DigiValet,

The Zoom Room Controller App functions separately from our APIs, and I believe allows you to have more control over in-meeting functions like assigning a co host.

Our APIs, however, do not currently control in-meeting functions (though it’s a great suggestion).

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Dear Will,

Thanks for the response.

May I know what will be the best way to have custom app having all the features as in Zoom controller app ?

Which method of integration will you suggest then.

We are on IOS platform and hence kindly suggest accordingly.

Best regards,
Nitin Agrawal
+919826266789
nitin@digivalet.com

Hi @Nitin-DigiValet,

Have you seen our Zoom Rooms Control System API? This would be the closest:

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.