Is there a REST API to make participant be co-host?

Hi,

I am trying to build a function that my colleague can 1) create a meeting under my account and 2)auto join the meeting, then 3) promote themselves as co-host.

By checking the API doc, I think currently what I can do for these 3 steps are:
1, create a meeting under my account, I can call the create meeting API: marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate
2, I didn’t find the API to enroll a zoom account into a meeting (is there one?), but I may achieve the same thing by listening the “participant joined” webhook (api-reference/webhook-reference/meeting-events/participant-joined-meeting), and when such event happened, I can call the “list participants” API (api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardmeetingparticipants) to see if my colleague inside
3, Once I know my colleague’s account inside, I want to call an API to make him/her as the co-host, but currently I can’t find such a REST API to promote a participant to be a co-host, I am wondering is there such API?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hey @oyosocial,

The correct flow for this would be to add the respective user as a alternative host when creating or updating the meeting.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 3.54.05 PM

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you Tommy, that solved it!

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

Hi,

There is a use case when such API is still required:
if a paid Zoom user wants to make as co-host a participant with a free Zoom account, it is currently impossible to do so via API.
The parameter in “Create a meeting” API is for setting an “Alternative Host”, which requires it to be a user from the same Zoom (paid) account.
Please correct me if I misunderstood anything.
Such API is really needed.
Thanks!

Hey @orenk9,

Correct, alternative hosts must be from your account, Co Hosts can only be set during the meeting.

You can read more about the differences here:

Feel free to make a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Tommy