How to change start_time for recurring meeting with type "8"

Zoom Meeting API

Description
Hi, have been using the zoom api endpoint to change the meeting start_time for a script i’m working on, the script changes the start_time for a scheduled meeting but not for a recurring_meeting, if the recurring_meeting is a type:3 then a start_time can not be specified because it does not have that attribute. However, if i specify the start_time for a fixed recurring_meeting, i do not get any error when i make a patch request, however the update to the start_time doesn’t seem to be effectuated in the zoom app. This is what my request.patch body looks like

meeting_update_details = {
“topic”: topic,
“start_time”: start_time.isoformat(),
“duration”: MEETING_DURATION,
“timezone”: “Asia/Singapore”,
}

response = requests.patch(
url,headers=request_header(),
data=json.dumps(meeting_update_details),
)

Error?
I am not able to get the zoom recurring meeting start_time change to be effectuated in the app but it doesn’t give any errors when i make the patch request.

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials or sensitive info like emails, uuid, etc.) / Body
2. Authentication method or app type
3. Any errors
url = “https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{MEETING_ID}
headers = {
“authorization”: "Bearer " + generate_token(),
“content-type”: “application/json”,
}
authentication_method = jwt

Hi @ayanelaw
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer forum and welcome to our community! I am happy to help here!
Have you been able to change the start_time for the recurring meeting? or do you still need some help on this?
I will go ahead and do some testing on my end and will come back to you with an update.
Best,
Elisa

No, have not been able to get it working yet, would be waiting on your response, if you’re able to figure out the reason its not working. Thanks.

HI @ayanelaw
I was actually able to update the start_time for a recurring meeting type 8
If you want to update a single occurrence, you will have to pass the occurrence id as a query parameter in your Patch request.
Or you can pass the meeting ID and it will update the entire series:

Best,
Elisa