How to check if meeting host is available for call or not?

How to check if meeting host is available for call or not ?

I have 2-3 static meeting id , and i have to randomly allocate those id to user who is first available for meeting , how can i get this feature using Zoom SDK ,

I’m staring call like this :slight_smile:

if let meetingSesrvice = MobileRTC.shared()?.getMeetingService()
        {

MobileRTC.shared()?.getMeetingService()?.delegate = self
            print("Connecting to : \(viewModel.currentMeeting?.meeting_id ?? "NO Meeting id ")")
            print("Meetting list \(meetingSesrvice.getInMeetingUserList() ?? [])")
            meetingSesrvice.delegate = self

let dicParams = [kMeetingParam_Username:viewModel.userInfo?.fname ?? "Unknown",
                             kMeetingParam_MeetingNumber:viewModel.currentMeeting?.meeting_id ?? "",
                             kMeetingParam_MeetingPassword:""]
            meetingSesrvice.joinMeeting(with: dicParams)
            //}
        }else
        {
            print("unable to get ")
            AlertManager.showMessage(msg: "Unable initiate video call please try after sometime")
            appDelegate.initializeSDK()
        } 

Please help

Thanks

Hi dhiraj,

Thanks for the post. Is the static meeting ID associated with the users? Or they are separated?

There are multiple ways of doing this:

1. You can implement the waiting room feature, and add the waiting room listener to monitor when a user joins the meeting, then invite the first available host and assign it as the host

2. You can also use ZAK to start a meeting(https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/preface/zak), when a user joins the queue, the first available host can auth with the Zoom API, and get the Zoom token & ZAK to start the meeting, then invite the user in the queue to join the meeting.

Thanks!

We don’t want to user to wait in the meeting room , Suppose we have 3 static id’s ( Host )

a. 123456
b. 345612
c. 654321

1. if user initiate the call from Mobile apps , then our app should check which Meeting id is ready for the call , my first problem is , i am unable to check which meeting id is available for the call .
    this is needed because i have to pass meeting id in order to start the call

kMeetingParam_MeetingNumber:viewModel.currentMeeting?.meeting_id

2 . if host a and b are already on call then , new call should go to host c.
3. If all the host are busy then , there should be error message "Our all host are busy please try after sometime " , if you can guide us to get the current state of meeting by meeting id , then we can add this feature , we will check if all host with meeting are on call or not , and available (Online) , if host is not on call and is also available, then only we will initiate the call .

Hi dhiraj,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for sharing the concepts. The steps that you are mentioning are not for in-meeting experience while our SDK mainly focus on the in-meeting experience. However, if you would like to know the status of a meeting, you can use make a API call to https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meeting to get the status of a meeting.

There is a field called “status” in the response that could provide the meeting status.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Thanks!