Zoom web sdk - Track Availability of User/Schedulers (schedule_for) before creating instant meetings

Hi @tommy

I have a user with 2 schedulers so total 3 users can create & host instant meetings. But I am unable to track which user is available to host meeting or currently busy so that I could schedule_for next available user.
Is there any API available where I can pass user Id and that tells me the user status (if available or currently hosting meeting) ?
We have all 3 users dedicated to instant meetings only for our application.

I wanted this because if all the my users/ schedulers are occupied/busy in instant meetings, so no further meetings get created until any of the user/scheduler gets available.

Web SDK: 1.9.0

Please help me on this.
We are very close in integrating Zoom Web SDK in our application.

Thanks a lot

Hi @gshukla,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Have you had a chance to check out our Meeting Started/Ended webhooks? These can be used to know whether or not a host has a meeting in progress or not:

We also have a User Presence Updated webhook as well:

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom ,
Thanks for your reply.
But my concerns is it would be great if there would be any API that tells us the status of each host/schedulers on the fly before creating new meetings so that we can show some meaningful message on our portal if all of them are busy hosting meetings.

Web Hook is good option but with this we have to manage a lot like when meeting started we have to save the user session some where and then when meeting ended we have to remove that users session.

Any other alternative or web sdk events that do the same?

Hey @gshukla,

Thanks for clarifying and for the feedback—at this time, we don’t have an endpoint to retrieve meeting host status in realtime, aside from our webhooks.

That said, this is a great suggestion, and I can certainly appreciate your use case. If you’re so inclined, I might recommend posting a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hi @will.zoom
Thanks much for your assistance. I have created the feature request

1 Like

Thanks @gshukla ! :slight_smile:

We will evaluate it accordingly!

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.