How to develop integration without paying for Zoom?

Description
How can I use the API as a developer/tester without paying for Zoom? I do not use Zoom and don’t want to pay for a subscription just to develop and test the integration I am building.

Error
Error response when trying to make a webinar integration: “Webinar plan is missing. You must subscribe to the webinar plan and enable webinars for this user in order to perform this action:”

The request is done using the development Client ID, not the production.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Webinar create

Hi @espen ,

You can reference this documentation and use the API endpoints that are available for free Zoom users for your exploration purposes. The documentations across our endpoints indicate which are available for free users.

Best,
Gianni

So what you are saying that if I want to spend my time developing an integration that would expand the Zoom ecosystem for Zoom I have to pay for Zoom? Thanks, but we will focus our efforts on other platforms then. We have over 20 integrations in our app but Zoom is the only one that requires us to pay to be able to make an integration. To be honest it is a very disrespectful strategy towards developers.

Hi @espen ,

I’m sorry if I’ve miscommunicated. Thanks for your feedback. I was just sharing the documentation as there are a plethora of API endpoints that free users can use. Does this help clarify things? Please help me understand better as I have no intention of disrespect.

Best,
Gianni

We want to build an integration using the non-free endpoints for our customers. Paying for Zoom to build such an integration is not acceptable for us. How can we develop an integration using non-free endpoints and contribute to the Zoom ecosystem without having to pay for Zoom features that we will not use ourself?

Hi @espen ,

Thanks for sharing more details. Can you please email developersupport@zoom.us addressed to me with the link to this thread as you developer account (the one you’d be using to work with our APIs), provide a brief overview of the integration you’re looking to build, and which APIs you need access to?

Sincerely,
Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.