How to encode email for "/users/{userId}/meetings" endpoint

Description
I have users with a plus sign “+” in their email address. The “/users/{userId}/meetings” endpoint specifies that {userId} can be UUID or email address. (How) can I encode the email address to still form a valid request?

Happy to take “No.” for an answer…

Error

• Not encoding the email address yields 404 Client error
  • Quoting the plus and @-sign yields 404 Client error
  • Quoting just the plus sign yields 404 Client error

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT with Webhooks

Which Endpoint/s?
/users/{userId}/meetings

Hey @sboeser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. In order to allow an email with a plus sign to be used in a URL, you’ll want to URL encode the email address. This can be done in code, let me know what you’re using and I can be more specific. Otherwise, you can test out encoding the emails using the following link:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.ASP

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Dear Max,

unfortunately, your proposed solution does not work. I had tried this before (see above). Here are a few more details about my test:

• I am using python with requests library, which works fine on email address w/o a plus sign.
  • The email I have is REDACTED. I have used urllib.parse.quote to encode this, which yields REDACTED.
  • The link you propose for testing yiels REDACTED which looks identical to me. Pasting this into my request also yields a 404.
  • Using the UUID of the user instead, I can access the endpoint w/o any issues (i.e. this is not an authentication issue).

Thanks,
Sebastian

Hey @sboeser,

Thank you for providing additional information. I tested this on my end and saw that I was able to make this request even without encoding the email. When looking at your account, I saw that a user with the email “[REDACTED]” does not exist. Instead, it looks like the email to use ends with @gmail.com.

Please check the User Management Page in your Zoom portal to confirm this.

Thanks,
Max

Sorry - my bad!!! :man_facepalming:

Hey @sboeser,

No worries, I’m glad we were able to get that sorted out! It’s my mistake for not checking that earlier. Feel free to reach out if you encounter any other issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.