How to get meeting participant timezone who are not registered

Description
Hello all, I’m working on a project in which it deals and interacts with ZOOM APIs and webhooks for meetings. I’ve some questions which I was not able to find in the forums or in the docs.

My first question is about the Master account and their sub-accounts. Is the account id per sub-account or per Master only, I mean do sub-accounts have their account id different than Master account?

My second question is about meeting webhooks. For the participant joined event I can see the following example from the docs.

{
  "event": "meeting.participant_joined",
  "payload": {
    "account_id": "o8KK_AAACq6BBEyA70CA",
    "object": {
      "uuid": "czLF6FFFoQOKgAB99DlDb9g==",
      "id": "111111111",
      "host_id": "uLoRgfbbTayCX6r2Q_qQsQ",
      "topic": "My Meeting",
      "type": 2,
      "start_time": "2019-07-09T17:00:00Z",
      "duration": 60,
      "timezone": "America/Los_Angeles",
      "participant": {
        "user_id": "167782040",
        "user_name": "shree",
        "id": "iFxeBPYun6SAiWUzBcEkX",
        "join_time": "2019-07-16T17:13:13Z"
      }
    }
  }
}

For the timezone, is it the timezone of the host or the timezone of the participant? If it’s for the host, how can I retrieve the timezone of the participant.

Thanks

Hi @jalkelani, Sub Accounts are distinct accounts which Master Accounts can access via APIs. Each has their own separate account IDs.

The Meeting Participant events give data on both the meeting and the participant. The timezone is of the meeting. The participant’s timezone can be found if you have permission to view the user’s information either through OAuth or they are a user on your account.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply

1 Like

Let us know if you have additional questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

In fact yes, Is there any possible way to identify guests in the meeting if they’ve left and rejoined again?
for example, a guest joined the meeting with ID: XXXXXXX and username:Jamal. After that, the guest lost his/her internet connection and got disconnected from the meeting, later the guest rejoined again but with a different name. I can see from the received webhooks that if some guest joined and left the meeting it’s not possible to identify him/her because he/she would have a different ID.

any suggestion? thanks

Hey @jalkelani,

Good question! You can track the user via their username, or id. I am not sure why Jamal’s name changed, did they join with the same meeting link?

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 2.58.05 PM

Thanks,
Tommy