How to get Timeline data about screen shared time?

Hi,

When I enable the active speaker, gallery and shared screen views separately, Zoom records the separately and 3 files have the same video length.

If the screen is shared 1 minute after the meeting start, the first 1 minute of the video it’s blacked out. Is there a way to determine the timeline in the video, when screen sharing started(like metadata). Assume, if the screen is shared after a minute and it is stopped for a moment and re-shared again after some time. Are there any Zoom APIs, to determine the timeline data when the screen is shared?

I see some file type like Timeline. But it’s not visible to me in the Recordings listing page. I have the “Add a timestamp to the recording” settings enabled.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

smsivanesan

Hey @sivanesan.murugesan,

Have you tried using the Timeline file?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, I have tried the " Get Recording API endpoint". But it does not pull the timeline data. TimeLine is enabled in the Recordings settings already.
Thanks,
smsivanesan

Do you have a pro account and the requirements I mentioned in my post above?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
Sorry for the late response. I am using the Pro account and enabled the timestamp settings in both the user level and account level. And I am still using the mentioned API endpoint(/v2/meetings/{meetingId}/recordings).

But I am still not getting the TIMELINE data. Please help me what else could be an issue.
Thanks,
smsivanesan

What plan type do you have? To generate the TIMELINE file, you need to be on a business or higher plan.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
Our plan is Pro. Please refer the below screen shot.

Looks like Business is less than the Pro account(???)

Thanks,
smsivanesan

The Business plan is actually one step above the Pro plan. You can see the pricing details here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. I am able to see the timeline data now. Can you point me any doc that gives details on how to parse/understand the TIMELINE data?

Thanks,
smsivanesan

Happy to hear you got it working! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately at this time we do not have docs for the TIMELINE file fields. We will look into adding this.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Sure. No problem. Can you please give some hint on the following fields in TIMELINE DATA?

1. How to understand the TS time?
  2. Timeline does not list the Shared Screen timing data. How to get when the screen is shared?

Based on the timeline data, we would like to use the respective view(content video) in our player container. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hi Tommy,
Can you please respond to my above query?
Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hi @sivanesan.murugesan,

Can you clarify your question regarding the ts field?

In regards to screen sharing data, you can get the amount of time a participant shared their screen via this endpoint, within the details object:

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,
I see the TS values as below. What does it mean? How to understand the whole set of data? In the above-mentioned screenshot, does it mean at “00:00:000.500”, user “hporasl” was talking(active speaker)? Basically, I am looking for any document or details that describe each property/value in the TIMELINE DATA. Please let me know if you need any more details;

I see the shared screen details on the mentioned endpoint. Thanks.

Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hi @sivanesan.murugesan,

Thank you for clarifying—I’ve reached out to our team for confirmation on this field and will let you know what I find. (ZOOM-199925)

Thanks,
Will

Our team has confirmed that the ts field represents the timestamp of when a user began talking.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this, thanks!
-Will

Thanks Will for your answer. It would be great if TIMELINE data has all the details about the active speaker/shared screen data. Please consider this as a feature request. We want all the details into a single data file that can be used by us to add any media editing/parsing etc.

Thanks,
smsivanesan

I appreciate the feedback and I’ll be happy to pass this along internally as well. If you’re so inclined, I’d also recommend you to consider posting in our #feature-requests channel, too. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.