Shared Screen video meta data

Hi,
We are inspecting and parsing the shared screen video(mp4). A few of them show clear metadata as below.

But some of the “Shared Screen” video files do not show the above metadata. Can you please let us know if any of the zoom settings triggering inserting the metadata when recording?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hi @sivanesan.murugesan,

Can you try enabling the “Add a timestamp to recording” setting in your account and see if that helps? You can access this from your user settings:

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,
Appreciate your help.
TimeStamp flag is always enabled. I tried with enable/disable, results are the same.

We found that if we disable the below settings “Optimize the recording…”, then we see the mentioned metadata on the shared screen video.

If we enable it again, metadata not being inserted into the shared screen file.

We are basically trying to identify the “Screen Share” time. Is there any other better way instead of parsing the media file and learning it from metadata?

Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hey @sivanesan.murugesan,

Ah, I see—thank you for sharing that.

If you’re looking for a possibly more straight-forward approach, you might consider our GET Sharing/Recording Details endpoint:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardmeetingparticipantshare

You can also check out my similar post here:

Let me know if this helps,
Will

Thanks Will. I was facing some issues with this API in the past. Let me try this AAPI again and let you know if see any difficulties.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks,
smsivaesan

Hi Will,
I tried the mentioned API to get the share screen details. But it returns empty data. Please refer to the below screenshot.
API: /v2/metrics/meetings/Rz7KJ5zSRL+BaK6zbO31XA==/participants/sharing

The respective meeting has two participants and there was a screen shared in between.
Can you please let me know why API returning empty data?
Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hi Will,
Can you please reply to the above question? T
his is blocking our few of the tasks.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hey @sivanesan.murugesan,

Are you passing a type=past parameter and see if this resolves the issue?

Thanks,
Will

Great. Thanks Will. It works now.
Appreciate your help.

Glad to hear it, @sivanesan.murugesan! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.