How to get user ID, User Token, and User Access Token?

Description
I’ve followed the “Build your first Zoom App” guide for Android in the documentation, but after finishing it, I still don’t know how to start a meeting successfully.

I haven’t been able to open the Zoom sample on github so I tried to add code from it into my app, but then I’ve come across another issue with StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin parameters.

What are and how to retrieve User ID, User Token, and User Access Token? I’m trying to understand them and would appreciate some explanation on these.

I’ve created an SDK app on Zoom’s app marketplace. I’m not sure whether an SDK app for mobile also uses JWT and OAuth. So far I’ve just managed to initiate it successfully with my App Key and Secret.

Here’s some code which I got from the sample:

StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin params = new StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin();
    APIUserInfo userInfo = APIUserInfoHelper.getAPIUserInfo();
    if (userInfo != null) {
        params.userId = userInfo.userId;
        params.zoomToken = userInfo.userZoomToken;
        params.userType = STYPE;
        params.displayName = DISPLAY_NAME;
        params.zoomAccessToken = userInfo.userZoomAccessToken;
        params.meetingNo = meetingNo;
        ret = meetingService.startMeetingWithParams(context, params, opts);
        Log.i(TAG, "startMeetingWithNumber, ret=" + ret);
    }

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
SDK

Which Endpoint/s?
Get user ID, user token, user access token.
If non-existant, create user ID or login to Zoom account.

Additional context
I’m sorry if my question seems very basic, but I’ve yet to understand the different login / authentication methods.

For the time being I would like to simply start a meeting with my email / Zoom account in order to test it on my device through Android Studio.

Hi Erlend,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Zoom SDK offers different ways of authenticating users: email/password, SSO token, and API tokens. The StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin is the for API tokens scenarios.

You may find the explanation for User ID, zoom token and zoom access token here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/credentials

And you may find the implementation of how to retrieve and how to use those token here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/android/mastering-zoom-sdk/start-join-meeting/api-user/authentication

The API user route is the most complex one :slight_smile:, if using the email/password is an option for you, you may login with email/password by following the instruction here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/android/mastering-zoom-sdk/start-join-meeting/email-login-user/authentication (Please note that the authentication request is an async request, so you will need to wait for the corresponding callback to be triggered in order to move to the next action).

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thank you for your reply, Carson.

I figured that the API user method is not optimal for my current use case (very early development) and so I’ve tried to test the email/password option.

I’ve added various EmailUserLogin classes from the Zoom sample and now I receive the 1019 error code from the callback.

I suspect the first tries failed because the email I’m testing is linked to my google account which I use for Zoom. Therefore, I’m not sure what my password is or whether I even have one - my google password apparently fails.

In my button’s onClick listener I use this to initiate loginWithZoom:

EmailUserLoginHelper.getInstance().login(userName,password);

When debugging the test code, it always gives the value 0 since the actual result appears in the callback, as you mentioned.

I would appreciate any support on this issue. I can start another thread if needed.

Edit: Despite the 1019 error message, I can login with Google on Zoom’s website. The email (gmail address) I’m testing is displayed there when pressing my thumbnail.

Hi Erlend,

Thanks for the reply. The error code 1019 means: " Account is locked after several failed login attempts", you may need to contact our support to unlock your account. If you are using Google login for your regular Zoom usage, that would be an SSO token(an SSO using Google as an Idp), if you would like to use email/password to login, you may need to register on zoom.us or set a password with your zoom.us account.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello Carson,

Thank you, I managed to login successfully in the app after signing up with my email. My zoom account has connected both the Google and email signups.

Should I assign your comment as a solution? Though it didn’t solve my original question in the thread name.

Best regards,
Erlend

Hi Erlend,

Glad to hear that it is working now. No you don’t have to assign the solution. Let me know if any other questions. Happy Zooming! :slight_smile: