How to identify a user who join the meeting by join_url, which is obtained when created a meeting?

I know join_url can be attacted with a parameter uname and it will show in the room. But the uname is not unique. Where can I put a unique id for my customers and contact the meeting participant with the person in our platform?

2 Likes

The unique id is necessary. I have the same requirement.

When append uname to the join_url, sometime it can work, sometime it can not work. Do you have the same problem?

1 Like

I also have the same need. Can we have a uemail field at least? Then have that show up in the participants report if the user is not logged in?

1 Like

Hi @rex et al.

Let me understand your use case better, the reason for you to attach the a parameter to the url is to know when the user joins the meeting correct?

Thanks

Hey @rex,

If I understand your use case correctly, you can accomplish this using registration. Once a user registers you can compare the registrant id with the participant user_id returned from GET /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants, or the participant user_id returned from GET /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants

Or you can use the same comparison using our Registrant Created and Participant Joined Webhooks.

Thanks,
Tommy

It is to know who joined the meeting. When we call “Get Meeting Details Reports” or “Get Meeting Participant Report” if the user is not logged in we are limited to what is passed in via uname. If we can also pass in uemail we can hopefully also get that information in the reports.

@tommy Unfortunately that would require users to login to Zoom first right? We maintain the Zoom Moodle plugin (https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_zoom) and only require the instructor who creates the meeting to have a PRO account. But anyone else in the course is not required to have a Zoom account or be logged in. They click on the link in their course and we pass in uname in the join URL. If we can also pass in uemail that would make the reports more useful to us and others I am sure.

Hey @rex,

Zoom “meeting registration” does not require users to be logged in. At a minimum they have to enter their name and email, or if using the create meeting registrant endpoint, this can be handled behind the scenes by your code.

Then use the unique join_url returned which retains the registrants data.

Thanks,
Tommy

Interesting… we will have to try that then. Thanks!

Happy to help @rex,

Please let us know if this solution works for you! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy