How to inspect element on the camera layer

Hi, currently using camera mode for Layers API for our app. We are using the drawWebView sdk method and wanted to ask - is there a way to open dev console to inspect element / see networks on the app in camera layer?

Thanks!

Hi So-Young,

I am also developing a Zoom App using camera mode and the Layers API. I have run into the same issue you described in your post. @MaxM or others, is there any way to inspect an app’s front end that is running in camera mode after the drawWebView sdk method is called?

Thanks,
Colin

Yes, there is a way to open the dev console to inspect element / see networks on the app in camera layer. To do this, you will need to use the following steps:

1. Open the Zoom app on your device.
  2. Go to the “Settings” tab.
  3. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
  4. Scroll down to the “Developer” section.
  5. Toggle the “Enable Developer Tools” switch to the “On” position.
  6. Once the developer tools are enabled, you can open the dev console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I on Windows or Cmd+Shift+I on Mac.
  7. The dev console will open in a new tab.
  8. You can now use the dev console to inspect element / see networks on the app in camera layer.

Here are some additional tips for using the dev console:

• To inspect an element, you can click on it in the app. The dev console will highlight the element and show you its properties.
  • To see the network traffic for the app, you can click on the “Network” tab in the dev console. This will show you a list of all the requests that the app has made to the internet.
  • You can also use the dev console to debug your app. If you are having problems with the app, you can use the dev console to see what is happening behind the scenes.
    Regards AccountingFirms

Copies the invitation link in the zoom application.

For me I have only ever been able to open the dev tools for the controller and not the camera view. What I do is use the post message to send info from the camera to the controller which I can inspect in the developer console. It would be nice to be able to inspect the HTML in the camera view though.

1 Like

Thanks Henry. That is a useful work around.

Hi @henry2 i am unable to find these options … ?

1. Open the Zoom app on your device.
  2. Go to the “Settings” tab.
  3. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
  4. Scroll down to the “Developer” section.
  5. Toggle the “Enable Developer Tools” switch to the “On” position.

where are they? thanks

Have a look at how to enable dev tools in the app documentation:

Hey Thanks @henry2 now I can inspect zoom app :slight_smile: