How to install the ZoomAudioDevice.driver?

Description
I’ve been having trouble integrating the ZoomAudioDevice.driver - can you please provide clear steps for how to associate/include this within my project in XCode? Thanks!

Which macOS Client SDK version?
macOS v5.5.12511.0420

Hi @daves, thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a link to this? I’m not sure what ZoomAudioDevice.driver is with the current context of this post.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply, @jon.lieblich!

This audio driver is located within the macOS SDK. If you pull down the latest Zoom SDK you can navigate to the driver in this directory: zoom-sdk-macos-5.5.12511.0420/Universal-Intel+M1/Plugins/ZoomAudioDevice.driver (unfortunately, since the code is only available as a download from the marketplace I can no longer point you to a direct reference via github).

There are no instructions for how to include/integrate this within our app. Please advise the correct way to compile this correctly as a Plugin for our app.

Thanks!
Dave

Hi @daves,

Thanks for clarifying. I’m seeing that there is a readme included with the Intel-Only package with the following instructions:

Note:
ZoomAudioDevice.driver is used to sharing computer audio. ZoomAudioDevice.kext is unused now, we only use ZoomAudioDevice.driver.
Usage:
Copy this to yourAPPName/Contents/Plugins folder path.

Have you tried this approach yet? If it isn’t working, I’ll need to follow up on this. I’m not sure why this wasn’t included in our release notes, apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, @jon.lieblich.

I have seen that note and still cannot figure it out. I’ve tried copying it to that path as well as adding a Build Phase in XCode to “Embed Plugins” but, unfortunately, neither seem to work for me so I must be missing something.

I’d really appreciate any additional detail/steps your team can provide.

Thank you!
Dave

Hi @daves,

I’m wondering if those instructions only apply to the Intel-Only build. I’ll work on getting full instructions for this and keep you updated.

We will also work to ensure that something like this is not released without documentation in the future. There are some internal process changes being made that should be pretty effective at mitigating against these types of changes going undetected.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Hi @daves,

I’ve followed up on this, and the only step required to add it to your project is to copy it over to the YourAppDirectory/Contents/Plugins path. You do not need to change any of the build phases in Xcode either. This should work regardless of which SDK package you are using.

Assuming that this information does not fix your issue, can you please provide as much additional context around what expected behavior you are not seeing, and what steps have already been taken?

Thanks!

Thanks for the support, @jon.lieblich. Can you share how I can confirm that I’ve done this correctly?

The way I assume I would verify this worked is by building a Release version of my app then, in Finder, right clicking the MyProduct.app and selecting “Show Package Contents” - inside there, I’m hoping to find the following path: Contents/Plugins/ZoomAudioDevice.driver/... however I don’t see that.

Per your instructions, I’ve tried 2 different methods:

1. I copied the directory into the path you mentioned MyAppDirectory/Contents/Plugins then added those files into my project via XCode (I did this in XCode by clicking File → Add Files to “MyProduct”) then built. I was not able to find the driver inside the .app using the verification method I described above.
  2. After the previous method didn’t work, I then re-tried your instructions but this time I copied it into the path: MyAppDirectory/MyProduct/Contents/Plugins and unfortunately got the same results.

It’s entirely possible that maybe it’s working and I just don’t know how to verify/confirm. Otherwise, I assume I’m still missing a step. I appreciate you taking the time to help me through this! Any directional guidance you can provide from here would go a long way for us. Thank you!

Hi @daves,

I would say that the best way of verifying that this has been done properly is by testing out the ability to share computer audio within a meeting. If there are any issues with that feature, then we can look into this further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.