How to join someone else meeting by web sdk

Description
I have a use case which I couldn’t find how to do it.

In my use case, someone who is zoom user, login to zoom normally (web, app, …), Creates a meeting, then enter the meeting id and password to our web app, then I create a signature based on my account jwt app, API_Key and Api_secret, then pass the signature and other information to websdk join method.

It works when I create the meeting my self, and other can join my meeting, but in my use case I want other users join the meeting that someone else creatted

Since our app is public and we don’t know our client, it’s not possible to ask each of them to create a developer account and create jwt app and provide api key and secret

Error
errorCode: 3712
errorMessage: undefined
method: “join”
result: “Invalid signature.”

Which Web Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: [e.g. iPhone 12]
  • Browser: [e.g. Chrome]
  • Browser Version [e.g. 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (x86_64)]

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Update

I am able to join by using role 0, the issue was when joining by role 1, in my case since the meeting is creating by account owner it will resolve my issue

Hey @reza.rahmati,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. The Web SDK only supports hosting meetings that were created on your account. Unfortunately, there isn’t a method to get around this currently.

This is for a couple of reasons. First, as you mentioned, the logistics of having the end user supply account credentials is too complex and manual. On top of that, it introduces security concerns as the end user isn’t able to scope access to their data.

With that being said, you can absolutely host meetings created on your account. What may work for your use case is calling the Create a Meeting API in order to create the meeting on your account.

You could then provide the end user with a link to host the meeting using your implementation of the Web SDK.

Let me know if that would work.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.