How to know when my camera is on and microphone is on using API

Hello i am using the API and making an application with python, I need to to be able to have the value when my camera is on/off and microphone is on/off when i am in a meeting so that i can trigger a led to light on or off.

Thank you for your help

Hi @emailnotificationled ,

We do not supply this information, but here’s a roundabout that some developers have implemented: How to hook 'camera on' event (or other ways to track camera-on time) - #5 by nickax

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi @gianni.zoom , thank you very much for the help.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a way to get a report of the time the users have their cameras on.

I found this topic after having found the one you mention as the one where the “solution” is (How to hook 'camera on' event (or other ways to track camera-on time)) and I wanted to ask, is that workaround suggested by @nickax still the way to go or is there another “more official” way?

Having said that, do you know if there’s a way to visualize cameras on / off within Zoom reports? I found this → https://zoom.us/account/report/user but you only get to see data such as joining time, leaving time, recording consents, etc, no “camera on time”, “Did they turn the camera on?” or something related.

The other alternative I was considering is using an app from marketplace that provides that info I need. But I was looking and no luck so far.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Juampi ,

That is the best way as far as I know with QoS or QSS (streaming data) and tracking the changes in camera fields to decipher camera-on time. Here’s a more detailed thread on this:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.