How to make Zoom speakers display at top of screen?

I don’t normally do zoom meetings where anyone uses vides, but today I am. In preparation for this I’m testing a meeting where I am connected 3 times from different machines to check how it all looks. But try as I might, I cannot get the speakers to appear on the top of the screen. They are always in a floating gallery mode, even if I set it to use Standard which according to Zoom should put the speakers in a strip across the top.

How can I get out of this gallery/window mode and just fix the speakers across the top?

By default, the speaker or active speaker in a Zoom meeting will be displayed in the center of the screen. However, you can change the layout to display the speaker at the top of the screen using the following steps:

1. During a Zoom meeting, click on the “More” button in the top right corner of the screen.
  2. From the dropdown menu, select “Speaker View” to switch to the Speaker View layout.
  3. Once in Speaker View, click on the “…” button in the top right corner of the screen.
  4. From the dropdown menu, select “Display Settings”.
  5. In the Display Settings window, select the “Video” tab.
  6. Under “Video Layouts”, select “Top”.
  7. The active speaker will now be displayed at the top of the screen.