Reshuffle in Gallery view Zoom component view Version 2.14.0

Description
When there are couple of people in gallery view, speaker video or box gets reshuffle, and speaker comes to the top of the gallery view. Speaker video always comes at the top all the time, due to this reason gallery view gets reshuffle all the time. Can we stop reshuffle in gallery view as we have for Standard zoom gallery view,

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
Zoom component view Version 2.14.0

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join zoom meeting with zoom component view SDK
  2. There must me around 10 participants
  3. Go to the gallery view
  4. Now you will see whoever is speaking that speaker comes at the top and gallery view gets reshuffle all the time when any speaker speaks.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: All
  • Browser: All
  • Browser Version All

Any update on this ?

Hi @sudhakar
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Allow me some time to do some testing on my end and I will try to replicate this issue.
Will come back to you with an update soon
Cheers,
Elisa

We have the same issue. Instead of moving the outer accent to show who is speaking it rearranges the entire gallery moving the speaker in a different position. Becomes difficult on the eyes if it is a long meeting and lots of people are speaking as the movement of tiles to position 1 becomes rapid.

Hi @sudhakar and @carlito
Thanks for your patience here. I did some testing on my end and was able to replicate this behavior using the sample app here:

I will reach out to some of my colleagues to confirm if this is the expected behavior and will come back to you.
Cheers,
Elisa

Hi Elisa, do you have any update on this?

Hi @carlito
Thanks for your patience here.
I did hear back from our Engineering team and it looks like this is the expected behavior.
It is not a bug on our end and its the expected behavior in component view, where we always move the active speaker to the top in the gallery view mode

Thanks for the sharing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.