How to pin video in custom UI

Hello!

Does Zoom SDK have ability to pin the particular video in custom UI flow?

When I tried to do it by

meetingActionController.pinVideo(toSecondView: userId)

I got an error Unsupported Feature

Thank you!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko, thanks for the post.

When implementing a custom meeting UI, you are solely responsible for the appearance and behavior of the UI. For that reason, none of the SDK’s UI functions apply to your UI. In order to utilize this and other methods which impact the UI, you would need to use the default Zoom UI.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, thank you for the answer.

Ok, I see. The reason why I asked it is video quality.
I mean if the user pin a speaker in Zoom App - the video quality will become better, won’t?

Is there a way to increase the quality for particular user using custom UI?

Thanks!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

I mean if the user pin a speaker in Zoom App - the video quality will become better, won’t?

There are many factors that can impact the video quality you receive from other users in a meeting. Possibly the most significant effect is made by the network quality of the sending and receiving devices. Additionally, the camera device being used and meeting settings may impose additional restrictions.

Is there a way to increase the quality for particular user using custom UI?

If HD video is possible for your meeting (see this article for more info), you can call enableCatchHDVideo to enable it.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom thanks for the answer.

As I understand enableCatchHDVideo will improve quality only for current camera, won’t?

We noticed that in Zoom client when we pin user or multiple users their video quality improves significantly. In our application we are using Zoom SDK with Custom UI and would like to achive similar result: we will control users’ containers on our side, but still would like to ask remote users programmatically via your API to improve their video quality similar to what happens when we use “Pin user”.

our main goal: to ask remote participant to send video in better quality, similar to behavior that we observe when we use “Pin user” in Zoom Client

Thanks!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

As I understand enableCatchHDVideo will improve quality only for current camera, won’t?

Your understanding is correct. You cannot remotely control the input quality of other users, only the local user. Allowing access to the camera controls of a remote user would create many privacy and security issues.

We noticed that in Zoom client when we pin user or multiple users their video quality improves significantly

That’s interesting. Are you sure that the actual video resolution has increased? Or is it just the size of their individual video views getting bigger?

If it’s the latter, in a custom UI you would be solely responsible for managing the appearance of the ZoomSDKVideoElements in your UI. The resize method may also prove useful if you need to change the size of an element during a meeting.

Thanks!