Zoom iOS SDK in custom UI in webinar, attendees can not see video bug report 5.10~5.11

Dear Support,
I am your Zoom Webinar customer.
I need your help you to check this bug. I tried several Zoom Meeting iOS SDK, version from 5.10~5.11.3.4099. All of them results are the same. When I testing in Custom UI in Zoom Webinar, the attendees can view the host’s camera video for 2 seconds, then the video becomes black screen. The only solution is changing the attendees to Panelist, then the video can be displayed very well, but it’s impossible to change everyone to become Panelists. I think it should be a bug. Please check and help. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to your reply.

Hi @haibo ,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and appreciate the post. By following the steps you have provided, we are able to experience the same with our sample app. After some investigations, we found out that this is an issue within our sample app. In the sample app, we used the MobileRTCVideoView, and this is for regular meetings, not for webinars.

If you would like to present the active user for the attendee in a webinar with custom UI, you will need to use MobileRTCActiveVideoView to present the active user, calling the method showAttendeeVideoWithUserID and pass in the activeUserID or 0 will present the video of the activeUser.

For the case “the attendee can view the host’s camera for 2 seconds”, that should be the videoPreview part in the sample app.

Pardon the confusion caused by this, we will improve our sample app as well as the documentation. Please have a try and let me know if it works for you.

Thank you!

Hi @carson.zoom ,

I have raised a one ticket regarding the same https://devforum.zoom.us/t/unable-to-see-host-video-in-webinar-on-zoom-customui/73142
But didn’t get any response and Thanks for reply on this issue.

As we have checked with MobileRTCActiveVideoView also it is still the same we won’t able to see the host video for webinar in zoom custom UI. Is there any other way to get rid of this bug.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. You pointed the problem. I tried to modified the code and used MobileRTCActiveVideoView for webinar, then the attendees can see the Host’s camera video. But it gives us new problem, when Host click Share Screen, it shows black screen. Could you please tell us how to detect if it’s webinar in VideoViewController? Also we need to detect if currently using screen share. To use MobileRTCActiveVideoView, it needs to make sure it’s using webinar, and the Host’s video is not screen sharing status. We really hope you can fix it in the sample code. It would be very helpful for us, and other webinar customers. Thanks a lot.
Here is the code that I modified:
In VideoViewController.m,

• (void)viewDidLoad {
    [super viewDidLoad];
    // Do any additional setup after loading the view.
    [self.view addSubview:self.videoView];

[self.view addSubview:self.preVideoView];
    [self.view addSubview:self.activeVideoView];//joseph added
    }

• (MobileRTCActiveVideoView*)activeVideoView //joseph added
    {
    if (!_activeVideoView)
    {
    _activeVideoView = [[MobileRTCActiveVideoView alloc] initWithFrame:self.view.bounds];

}
    return _activeVideoView;
    }

Hi @haibo,

That you very much for your reply and code snippet. It helps to understand the way it is going out.

But dear I integrating this in a Swift project so I am still stuck on it not getting any clue
Where I should put this activeVideoView function in my swift code as I am using zoom SDK.

• (MobileRTCActiveVideoView*)activeVideoView
    {
    if (!_activeVideoView)
    {
    _activeVideoView = [[MobileRTCActiveVideoView alloc] initWithFrame:self.view.bounds];
    // [_activeVideoView setVideoAspect:MobileRTCVideoAspect_PanAndScan];
    }
    return _activeVideoView;
    }

Are you help me out to achieve that in Swift version. I will be very thankful to you.

Hi @carson.zoom,

Kindly tell me how to implement this in swift project without using sample project because I am doing with importing the SDK in my swift project and unable to get how to merge the above code with that Kindly guide what to do further.

Hello Carson, once you updated the sample app for iOS. Please let us know. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.