How to prevent the zoom form caching the username in meeting

Description
Hello there, I want to ask how to prevent the zoom form caching the username in meeting, when the user changes his name it doesn’t change it immediately and takes long time even if two users used the zoom web SDKs on same browser after each other zoom is raising the problem, and it show the name of the user who logged in first.

Error
There is no error message

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
It happened first in 1.9.7, then we upgraded to 1.9.9 and the problem still happening

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. First user is logged out
  2. Second user logged in, on same browser
  3. Zoom meeting shows the previous user username

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the second behavior:

1. user changes his name
  2. user reload the meeting.
  3. old username still as it is.

Hey @fasih ,

If the user rejoins, it will use the userName you are setting in the ZoomMtg.join() function:

https://marketplacefront.zoom.us/sdk/meeting/web/ZoomMtg.html#join

Thanks,
Tommy

I know this, but it shows the previous one, event it was changed.

Hey @fasih ,

So you are changing the userName value in your code, and then re joining and an old userName shows?

-Tommy

Yes, its appearing after changing username in code, even when we rejoin to the meeting!

Hey @fasih ,

Thank you! I was able to reproduce the issue, we will fix this in a future update.

In the meantime, you can solve this by clearing the browser local / session storage.

Example:

localStorage.clear();
sessionStorage.clear();

Thanks,
Tommy

But where exactly to put this two commands? because I put it inside beforeJoin function and it made username duplicate on refresh

Hey Fasih,

I think the best method to call these commands is via a beforeUnload event. That way, when the page changes after leaving a meeting, for example, the cache is cleared and the page is reloaded all at once.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

I am trying to put
localStorage.clear(); & sessionStorage.clear();
both and also trying one of them in unload event; the names caching problem solved but the problem of duplicating the participants when refreshing the browser is still exist. How to solve it?

Hey @fasih ,

This is something we will need to consider changing on our end. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.