How to prevent web sdk from restarting the meeting with same id when its ended?

I have problem with zoom integration in my project.

that’s when refreshing the webpage after zoom end meeting, it recreate the meeting again and override the previous recording, I managed this by redirect the user from the webpage on meet ending webhook, but the problem that im facing, sometime the webhook delays a little bit after the meeting ended and in this period of time if the host refreshed the page it will start the meeting again.

Is there anyway to know if the meeting ended in real time? or to prevent restarting the meeting with same id after its done?

Hey @fasih,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. For this, you can try using the beforeunload JS event to catch when the user closes the browser. Then with the ZoomMtg.getCurrentUser() function you can determine if the user is the host.

If the host is closing the tab, then you can call the ZoomMtg.endMeeting() function.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Please read the problem again, What I’m facing that the same meeting ( with same meeting id ) can be started multiple times and the recordings overriding each other.

Hey @fasih,

My apologies, I thought your question was if there is way to know if the meeting was ended in real time. In which case, I was offering a method to ensure that you end the meeting when intended.

Further, due to caching you may see that the same meeting ID is used on a page refresh. In this case, you would want to make sure that users are clicking the Leave Meeting button or that you are using beforeunload to catch when they close the browser so that you can call ZoomMtg.leaveMeeting.

With that said, you should see that separate recordings are created for each instance of the meeting that you start. If recordings are overwriting each other that’s an issue that we should investigate.

Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the meeting where you saw this as well as steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.