How to regenerate or refresh JWT token from API

I want to know if there is any way that we can either refresh or regenerate JWT token. Actually we want a way to change the JWT token after a period of time automatically from the API.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I am using JWT

Hey @arpit.gang,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, please see our documentation on using an JWT App.

As you can see there, you can generate a JWT Token directly from your app using your API Key and Secret. You’ll want to generate tokens with short expirations on your backend and use those tokens as needed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Is there a way to refresh the JWT token by passing the existing token and getting a new one?

The problem is that the regenerated token can be made for a short period of time only so I want to create the token for a longer period of time like 6 months and after 6 months I regenerate a new one for another 6 months.

Please help me out here.

Thanks

Hey @arpit.gang,

The flow with JWT is to generate a new token using the steps in our JWT App documentation along with your API Key and Secret. When that token expires, you would use those same steps to generate a new JWT token.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Yes, I got that. I just wanted to know is there any restriction in the expiration time that we put while creating the JWT token? Like if I want to make a token for 6 months can I do that using pyjwt library in python and will it work on zoom?

Thanks
Arpit

Hey @arpit.gang,

Thanks for clarifying. I’m not aware of any limitations on the JWT expiration. I’ve created tokens with annual expirations before.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.