How to remove a value from 'login_types' for a given user?

Description
Our zoom instance has a few users with two values under ‘login_types’, 100 (Work Email) and 101 (SSO). We currently only want to support SSO and would like to remove the value ‘100’ from the ‘login_types’ from these users, but seem to be unable to do it via the console or the API.

Is it possible to change the value of ‘login_types’ for a given user? Eg: change it from [100,101] to [101] via the API?

Thanks!

Hi @rodolfo ,

Can you please share the API endpoints you’re referencing please so I can try to replicate what you’re doing?

Thanks!
Gianni

Hi Gianni,
Thanks for the quick reply. The endpoint in question is:

Endpoint
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/EMAIL

Reference API Docs:

Problem
In the API response for a specific user, we see the following snippet for the field ‘login_types’ of a given user:

(...)
"login_types": [
    ],
(...)

Referencing the user schema in the api docs for this endpoint, we see that the value 100 maps to Work Email and 101 maps to Single Sign-On (SSO).

[Possible] Solution
We would like to remove the value 100 from the list of values in the field login_types for a given user. In other words, we want to remove the ability for a specific user to login using a email+password when that user has both ‘Work Email’ and ‘SSO’ listed as authenticated methods enabled (these settings show up under “linked accounts” in the user profile in the Zoom Admin Interface). We want to remove the ‘Work Email’ authentication method for specific users.

Current State:

(...)
    ],
(...)

Goal State:

(...)
    ],
(...)

Browsing the API for making updates to the user object didn’t yield a obvious way to change values in the field ‘login_types’ list for a given user.

Question
How can we remove the ‘work email’ for a given user?

PS: Please note that we are not looking for advice on how to change the global settings for the account as a workaround.

Many thanks,
Rodolfo

@rodolfo,

Thank you for providing that clarification. Currently, removing the “work email” option for a given user is not supported via API. However, as you mentioned, you can change the global settings for the account. This feature can be found at Advanced > Setting in the Sign-in Method section. For reference, here is the screenshot of what that section looks like:

I can see how this feature could add value, please feel welcome to submit your user story as a feature request here : Feedback - Zoom

Thanks,
Donte

Hi @donte.zoom ,
Thanks for the quick reply and confirmation on the current capabilities of the API. I’ll follow your recommendation and submit a feature request.

Thanks,
Rodolfo

Thank you for the reply, @rodolfo! It is my pleasure and I really appreciate the opportunity to provide support --wishing you all the best!

Warmly,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.