How to see if a meeting has started or not in the WebSdk 1.8.6

If i am trying to join a meeting from my WebSdk and the meeting has not started a pop up with retry shows up and it needs to be repeatedly clicked to retry now while i could add a retry mechanism but zoom websdk shows a rate limit error(using the ZoomMtg.join method in a interval) , so i was wondering what is the best to handle the problem i basically want to listen to for the status of meeting whether it has started or not.

Also what is the rate limit to the ZoomMtg.join method.
This method basically throws an error that meeting has not started incase i call it and that helps me understand to retry in a bit but after calling it a few times it shows that i have exceeded the limit to this api call.

Version
websdk : 1.8.6

• Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: 87.0.4280.141

Hey @srinjoy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. The best method here is to subscribe to the meeting.started Webhook Event so that your server will be notified when a meeting is started.

Your backend can then allow the meeting to be joined by attendees.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM

1). Would this allow me to listen to the status of any meeting (including one’s not hosted by me) if i have the meeting invite link and the passcode for the same.

Basically if i was a guest to a meeting and i tried joining that meeting from the browser there is message that meeting has not started and a automatic refresh of the page after a small interval i was wondering how i could implement the same using the web sdk incase of an sdk there is no automatic retry.

Hey @srinjoy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When it comes to receiving webhooks for another account, you would want to Publish an OAuth App to our marketplace so that the other account can install your app.

Once an OAuth app is installed and authorized, your endpoint can receive events for that account. However, we don’t have a method to react to events outside of your account without an OAuth app.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM

clearly option 1 is unfeasible because we can’t keep very one of our external account to download an app just to send out the information that they have started a meeting isn’t there a better way to do this.

Hey @srinjoy,

Installing an app allows the user to authorize access to their data. Due to our security and privacy policy, we don’t have a method to integrate with other accounts without first having their approval to access the data.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.