How to sharing Tab without focus in that Tab

Video SDK Type and Version
Version 1.5.5

Description
Hello, I have a question about sharing Browser Tab
I have 3 tabs in my browser and I choose tab 1 for sharing. When I’m sharing tab 1 my client can see tab 1 but when I switch to tab 2, the client can’t see tab 1, and the sharing screen turns black.
I know the reason why the sharing screen turns black but
is there any way for the client to see tab 1 when I’m in another tab like Google Meet?

Thanks

Hi @nguyen.hoangtue ,

Is this happening with the Video SDK for Web? If so, what browser are you using?

When you attempt to share your screen, does the pop-up window give you the option to share your tab or your window (screenshot reference below)? If not, please update your Video SDK to the latest version to get this update. Selecting the tab you want to specifically share should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hi @rehema.zoom
Thanks for your answer

In my Web App, when attempting to share the screen, the pop-up window does give me the option to share the tab.
But, for example with your screenshot, I chose the Vue.js Tab, and my client can see the Vue.js Tab’s contents.

I knew that if I’m in the Vue Tab my client still can see the Vue.js Tab’s contents while I’m sharing my screen.
But when I change the tab to the Zoom Tab (Sharing tab is still Vue.js tab), my client screen turns black, and if I back to Vue.js Tab, their screen will turn to Vue.js Tab’s content.

My question is when I change to the Zoom Tab (another tab), is there any way for the client can see the Vue.js Tab?

Hi @nguyen.hoangtue ,

When I tested this, selecting my specific tab to share allowed me to maintain the screen for the user I was sharing with, even when I switched to a new tab. Are you able to update your SDK version and see if you get this option? I believe it should resolve the issue. If not, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hi @rehema.zoom ,

I upgraded to SDK latest version (v.1.6.2) and it has been resolved. Thank you so much.
But I found another issue (I don’t know if this is bug or not).
When I was sharing tab, my client left the session. Then if I switch to a new tab and my client rejoins that session, her screen turned to black until I switched back to the sharing tab.

• Steps to reproduce the behavior:
  1. User A and User B join the session
  2. User A starts sharing Tab 1 → User B can see Tab 1 from User A
  3. User A switched to Tab 2 → User B still sees Tab 1 from User A
  4. User A still in Tab 2 → User B leaves the session
  5. User A still in Tab 2 → User B rejoins the session and User B can’t see Tab 1 from User A
  6. USer A switches back to Tab 1 → User B now can see Tab 1

Hey @nguyen.hoangtue

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s a known issue in Video SDK Web. We will fix it later.

Thanks
Vic

Hi @vic.yang
Thank you for your response.

I will report to my client about this issue.
However, could you please tell me when the fixed version will be released? It would be very useful for us to inform our clients.
Furthermore, when I join a Zoom meeting through the browser, I also encounter this issue. Therefore, I believe it is not only related to the Video SDK Web.

Thanks

Hey @nguyen.hoangtue

The fix will be included in April or May release. Please stay tuned.
The Web Client also has the same issue, we will fix it together.

Thanks
Vic

1 Like

Hi @vic.yang
Thank you for your help so far.
I’m waiting for the fixed version.
Our application using Video SDK is launching soon, so if your teams found any issue similar to this,
please fix and release the update in April or May.
It would be very helpful for our application.

Thank you

@vic.yang
I understand that a new version of the Video SDK (v1.7.0) has been released.
Could you please confirm if the issue we were experiencing has been resolved in this new version?

Hey @nguyen.hoangtue

The fix is not included in the v1.7.0, we will fix it in April or May release. Please stay tuned.

Thanks
Vic