Share Screen View not working only with Chrome Tabs, OPERATION_TIMEOUT

Description
The screen sharing is working fine for me and another developers, but it’s not working correctly for my client
While making some test, we realized it is not working only when he tries to share a Chrome tab, when he tries to share an application or the window it’s working fine
When he tries to share the Chrome tab, it appears like it is being shared to him, and his canvas renders his chorme tab correctly, but in the perspective of the other user, it doesn’t render, and after some seconds, it throws an OPERATION_TIMEOUT error
He tried to disabled and enabled the screen sharing of the Chrome App in the Mac settings, and it got to work but only the first time, after that we got the same issue of not rendering his screen share.
We are not sure if maybe it’s related to having a lot of Google tabs opened, but he tried with Incognito and it didn’t work too, also he tried using Safari and it worked fine
The RAM doesn’t seem to be a problem
Also, I try to enable this when someone shares his screen:
await stream.startShareScreen(canvas, { optimizedForSharedVideo: true});
But it didn’t work too
We made another test using the Zoom Demo App and the trouble happened again, so you could make the same test sharing some Chrome tabs, and see if it renders to another users

Browser Console Error
{ type: "OPERATION_TIMEOUT" }

Which Web Video SDK version?

Video SDK Code Snippets
client.on(‘active-share-change’, async (payload) => { //This event is triggered
if (payload.state === VideoActiveState.Active) {
await stream.startShareView(canvas, payload.userId); //But this is causing the error
} else if (payload.state === VideoActiveState.Inactive) {
// …
}

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Two people go to a video session in zoom using Chrome (Or at least the one who screen shares should use Chrome)
  2. Click on shared screen and share a Chrome tab,
  3. Repeat until you get the OPERATION_TIMEOUT

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook
  • Chip: Apple M1 Pro
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version 124.0.6367.62 (Official Build) (arm64)

It looks like it happen with another user with Apple M1 Pro, in 4 test, just the second one didn’t work
And with other users, it doesn’t happen, maybe there is a delay loading the screen but it works

Hey @luis.sanchez

Thank you for providing us with the detailed context regarding the issue.

If possible, could you share the session ID with us for troubleshooting purposes?

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vic.yang
This is the session id for our tests using the Zoom Demo:

g+ApSltWRd6YzWTcMe1dRA==

(I found it using the method zmClient.getSessionInfo())
Let me know if you need anything else
Also, if it’s more useful to make a real time test with our client, we are completely available

Hey @luis.sanchez

g+ApSltWRd6YzWTcMe1dRA==

I tested many times but couldn’t reproduce this issue. I’ve also reviewed the error logs associated with this session ID and found no abnormalities.

Is it possible that when calling stream.startShareView(), the user sharing the screen encountered a failover or interruption, resulting in no ongoing sharing at that moment?

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vic.yang, it looks like the problem has been resolved
We made some test using the sdk version “1.10.8” and “1.11.0” and now it screenshares the chorme tabs fine