How to start airhost.app

Hello,
How to launch AirHost. app? Custom UI mode. I am very anxious for your reply! Thank you very much!

Which macOS Client SDK version?

1 Like

Hi @homellc123, thanks for the post.

This is launched by the SDK as needed as is not intended to be used as a standalone application. Can you please provide some additional context around what you are trying to accomplish so that I may better assist?

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your reply!
I now want to initiate AirHost sharing, how do I do this? It is best to provide a detailed step!

As I am a Chinese user, I am not proficient in English, please forgive me.

Hi @homellc123,

In order to programmatically support sharing, you can use the ZoomSDKASController class. Please let me know if any of the methods in this class are unclear and I will be happy to clarify.

As I am a Chinese user, I am not proficient in English, please forgive me.

Absolutely no worries, your English has been perfectly clear so far! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Thank you for your prompt reply
I saw a way to start sharing,-(ZoomSDKError)startAppShare:(CGWindowID)windowID; How to get windowid? To be precise, how to obtain the windowid of airhost.app?

Hi @homellc123,

This is actually not done through the SDK and refers to the CGWindowID defined in Apple’s documentation.

Thanks!

I may be speaking out of turn, but I have this question, which I think is what @homellc123 is asking too.

What is the proper call to get the ZoomSDK to start a “AirPlay” screen share while using CustomUI?

Hi @lucas,

Just to clarify, are you referring to the ability to share a screen to a Zoom Room?

Thanks!

No. Do what the Default UI does when iPhone/iPad via Airplay is clicked on.

Hi @lucas,

Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying! I do not believe that the SDK directly supports this (outside of the default UI), so we would need to submit a feature request to expose it. If you would like to pursue this route, would you be able to provide some information about your intended use case? If you’d prefer not to share this publicly, let me know and I can provide a couple of alternative mediums. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.