How to screen share the app that uses zoom sdk itself?

Description
hi,
right now sdk only provides a list of window to choose from excluding the app that uses zoom sdk itself. is there a way that we can INCLUDE the app that uses zoom sdk itself?

Which version?
electron sdk v5.0.24433.0616

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Hi @tailinchu,

Thanks for the post. You may enable the “Showing Zoom windows during screen share” on your account. Here are the steps:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings .
  3. In the In Meeting (Basic) section, make sure Show Zoom windows during screen share is enabled. This setting will allow the setting to appear in the desktop client.
  4. Sign out of the Zoom desktop client and sign back in. Alternatively, you can exit the client and re-open it.
  5. Click your profile picture then click Settings .
  6. Click the Share Screen tab and make sure Show Zoom windows during screen share is enabled.

Once this is enabled, then your app that integrates the SDK should be shown in the shared screen option.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

hi @carson.zoom,
This option does not work in sdk. is there a way to programmatically trigger this in electron sdk?

Thanks!

@carson.zoom do you have an update for this week?

Hi @tailinchu,

Thanks for the reply and pardon the late response. Unfortunately, currently there is no way to do this programmatically. I have forwarded this as a feature request to the engineering team.

Thank you.

Hi, is this possible using macOS SDK? I enabled the setting in web portal. I see an option setShowZoomWindowWhenShare on ZoomSDKShareScreenSetting but enabling it returns ZoomSDKError_WrongUsage. Also isSupportShowZoomWindowWhenShare returns false.

Hi @santhoshr048, thanks for using the dev forum.

Can you please confirm whether you are using the default UI or have implemented a custom meeting UI?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom I’m using the default UI for now. I might implement a custom UI in the future.

Hi @santhoshr048,

Thanks for confirming. Usually the WrongUsage error means that the method in question is being called in the wrong context. At what point are you calling the setShowZoomWindowWhenShare method?

Thanks!

I’m implementing onMeetingStatusChange( **_** state: ZoomSDKMeetingStatus, meetingError error: ZoomSDKMeetingError, end reason: EndMeetingReason) of ZoomSDKMeetingServiceDelegate and when meeting status becomes ZoomSDKMeetingStatus_AudioReady, checking for ZoomSDK.shared()?.getSettingService()?.getShareScreenSetting()?.isSupportShowZoomWindowWhenShare() before trying to share which returns false at that point.

Hi @santhoshr048,

Thanks for the additional context. Upon further investigation there, does seem to be something wrong with this setting. We will investigate and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @santhoshr048,

Upon further investigation, this appears to be due to the Show Zoom windows during screen share setting in the Zoom web portal. If you enable this setting for the user sharing, this feature should work properly in the SDK.

Please give it a try at your convenience and let me know if you’re still having issues. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!